Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 20 Wild Fire, Goldstream Valley, Fairbanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 20 Wild Fire, Goldstream Valley, Fairbanks.

Just an hour ago I took some photographs of a nasty wild fire up in the hills along the Goldstream Valley just outside of downtown Fairbanks. The wind is blowing steady today and it's quite dry; not good for fighting such fires, but the BLM firefighters are hard at it as always.

Scooping up water at the International Airport float pond, conveniently close to the fire.

I sure hope no one lost their home and no one gets hurt in this fire.

Jim

Great pics Jim, I understand it is near old Murphy Dome Road, we could sure use some rain, been a dry spring...................!
    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Thanks for the pics. We have been watching this from Skyflight since about 4:30pm. I sure hope everyone is okay. It looked like it moved really fast for awhile.

Thank you so much to the firefighters!!

Comment

Good capture on the pics. This is the part of Spring and Summer I hate, the fire season. Hope everyone is fine also.
        JOHN

Comment

Nice photos...fast action stopped on the props of the plane.

Are the locals helping fight the fire at all or standing back waiting for others...the pro's....to make it happen?
          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X