No announcement yet.

May 20 Wild Fire, Goldstream Valley, Fairbanks.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • May 20 Wild Fire, Goldstream Valley, Fairbanks.

    Just an hour ago I took some photographs of a nasty wild fire up in the hills along the Goldstream Valley just outside of downtown Fairbanks. The wind is blowing steady today and it's quite dry; not good for fighting such fires, but the BLM firefighters are hard at it as always.

    Scooping up water at the International Airport float pond, conveniently close to the fire.

    I sure hope no one lost their home and no one gets hurt in this fire.


  • #2
    Great pics Jim, I understand it is near old Murphy Dome Road, we could sure use some rain, been a dry spring...................!
    “Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.”
    ― Eugene Ionesco
    "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.


    • #3
      Thanks for the pics. We have been watching this from Skyflight since about 4:30pm. I sure hope everyone is okay. It looked like it moved really fast for awhile.

      Thank you so much to the firefighters!!


      • #4
        Good capture on the pics. This is the part of Spring and Summer I hate, the fire season. Hope everyone is fine also.


        • #5
          Nice action stopped on the props of the plane.

          Are the locals helping fight the fire at all or standing back waiting for others...the pro' make it happen?
          "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
          ~~Abraham Lincoln~~


          Footer Adsense