New Zeiss dialyt spotter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zeiss dialyt spotter...

Came across a bit more info on this new scope.
    http://www.outdoorlife.com/videos/ou...dialyt-spotter

This looks like the spotter that some of us minimalists have been longing for for a long time. This things looks light and managable enough to leave those binos at home!

Eagle optics has them in stock; any chance you might have a few demos at Cameraland soon, Doug?
    Proud to be an American!

Love that is waterproof, looks like another must have.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

I should not have clicked the link. Credit card starting to get hot.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chisana View Post
        I should not have clicked the link. Credit card starting to get hot.
        Me too, darn you Frank!!!

Comment

Looks very similar to my old leupold straight 30X. Looks just about perfect and would go well with a Gitzo Traveler.
          sigpic

Comment

Man, I know guys. It's really killin' me.
            I'm just trying to think of a slick way of telling the wife about this new 'necessity.'
            She saw me jumping around when she saw I drew Kodiak goat, and she congratulated me; I almost ambushed her right then.

Forest, I liken the dialyt to my trust little Nikon XL II. Just a bit bigger and with the world class glass and adjustments.
            Proud to be an American!

Comment

Would be a darn shame to "misplace that Nikon" and have to get a new scope to replace it for your goat hunt.

Comment

I would like to compare this to my Minox ED62W, if anybody gets one and wants to compare, please let me know.

Comment

Found some excellent blogging about this scope here:
                  http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=164786
                  Some of it gets a bit technical, but overall pretty informative.

Biggest nock is that this Zeiss doesn't have the FL glass. Personally, I think for the ruggedness and great price I can live without it. It sure looks like Zeiss built this sucker exclusively for the mountain hunter.

Last post says that they are now in at Cameraland.
                  I imagine Doug will post eventually...but with thirty (?) forums to post on... <grin> Dunno how he keeps up.
                  Proud to be an American!

Comment

Frank I got one on the way from Doug. I see you sold your Nikon, are you going to upgrade to one as well????

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
                      Frank I got one on the way from Doug. I see you sold your Nikon, are you going to upgrade to one as well????

Steve
                      Absolutely, Steve. Scraping a few bucks together and just about ready to make the call.
                      Looks like you'll be the first to post a review.

Saw your Pentax listed....great glass in its own right. Great deal too!
                      Proud to be an American!

Comment

That thing looks sweet and I just could not resist. Sold my old Winny 375 and got new Zeiss spotter in the deal.

Comment

That thing looks sweet and I just could not resist. Sold my old Winny 375 and got new Zeiss spotter in the deal.
                          Post pics and a review when it arrives please!
                          sigpic

Comment

Will do Sir, should be here this week.

Comment

Will do Sir, should be here this week.
                              Nice Steve, maybe this summer we can hit a couple training hikes together and compare that new Zeiss side by side with my Pentax PF65 EDA II with the WO Zoom I have on it. I bet that's gonna be one nice spotter.
                              A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X