Spotting scopes and eyeglasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting scopes and eyeglasses

Do any eyeglass wearers have a recommendation on a spotting scope that gives a full field of view with eyeglasses? In particular I'm looking at a Leica Televid, but would like to hear about other high end brands as well. I have heard that Swaro works well with glasses.

I currently have a burris that I am looking to upgrade and that scope is not great with glasses.

opinions?

You need a scope that has an eyepiece with a lot of eye relief. 20mm. Look at the specs of eyepieces of scopes you are considering. Also, remember that typically with a zoom the ER gets less as you increase the magnification.

The best ER and FOV will always be obtained with a fixed power eyepiece. You can get a true wide angle (like 70 degrees) along with 20mm of ER. But, you give up the convenience of a zoom. It's all a trade off.

Have you ever tried using a scope without your glasses? It works well for me.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

without glasses

I can't even find my spotting scope without my glasses. Not an option, at least not until I break down for lasik.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X