No announcement yet.

Using binos with or without eyeglasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using binos with or without eyeglasses?

I'm in the process of changing my prescription for my eyeglasses right now, as after my exam the other day I know my eyes have changed a bit. When I receive my new glasses here shortly, it will probably determine more about the question I'm asking. I just bought some new binos the other day and I notice that if I take my glasses off and look through the binos, after adjusting the focusses to my eyes, it seems like I can see almost just was well with my glasses off than I can with them on. I know for sure they are more comfortable to look through with glasses off. I guess it would determine how bad a person's eyes actually are weather or not this works for everyone, meaning, weather or not the binos themselves have enough adjustment to make that work, and like I said I'll see for myself when my new glasses arrive. But it's had me wondering what most of you eyeglass wearers do when glassing....glasses on or off? Thanks.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Any decent quality binos allow you to adjust one tube independent of the other to accommodate the vision in one of your eyes being different than the other, as is my case. I have mine so adjusted and use them sans glasses,
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

I take my glasses off. I have Leica 10X42, the eye cups can be retracted and there is individual focus. I can稚 get used to leaving glasses on. Then put them back on/off. Major PITA!<br/><br/>II have a love/hate with my glasses. Love that I can see so well with them but hate that I need them. If I知 not fighting fogging up/rain drops then I知 fighting the transitions not transitioning when I知 in the shadows or keeping track of two pair. Meanwhile my Dad is 71 and can easily pass an eye exam without glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by gbflyer View Post
        .....Love that I can see so well with them but hate that I need them. If I知 not fighting fogging up/rain drops then I知 fighting the transitions not transitioning when I知 in the shadows or keeping track of two pair....
        I hear ya brother. I've had to wear glasses for a number of years now, but I really don't like them. I guess I should be glad I didn't need them for as long as I did. And yes, I finally had to give up on the transitions, when I finally realized that even in overcast they still didn't lighten up all the way. Actually found out when I was duck hunting a couple years ago, and that was the end of them. As you say, it's hard enough seeing with them in the rain, much less being darker than they should be when I'm looking for dark spots in the sky on a rainy day.

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I'm near sighted. I simply push up my glasses and use my binos bare eyed. My wife and kids know not to adjust if they use them.
          -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TR View Post
            I'm near sighted. I simply push up my glasses and use my binos bare eyed. My wife and kids know not to adjust if they use them.
            Exactly what I have always done.
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X