• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee table

Made from 2.5x8 dunnage

can u be more specific? it looks good
    Semper Fi!

Comment

Very nice. My dad used to salvage oak pallets and use them for various furniture building projects.
      We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
      James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by greythorn3 View Post
        Thanx

The material was salvaged at the port of anchorage. It was some kind of crating for barrel shaped objects. The 10' planks had chalks placed every few feet. They were rough sawn and pretty low quality, twisted, warpped, etc. I cut them down into workable sizes, rough planned with your typical power planner then glued, screwed and clamped them together. Because of the twisting and warping the surface was very uneven. I used a hand power plane to clean them up. It is stained with minwax gunstock color and finished with several coats of polyurethane . The finished table weights about 40#.

Comment

Originally posted by greythorn3 View Post
          Dunnage is the part of a truck, train, or ship load that is used to secure cargo . . . the part that isn't cargo and isn't truck/train/ship. Pallets, blocks, tie downs and stuff like that . . . Im guessing he used the stuff from disassembled large pallets. Looks great too!
          Andy
          On the web= C-lazy-F.co
          Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
          Call/Text 602-315-2406
          Phoenix Arizona

Comment

We posted at the same time. So . . . how did you get it out of the port, is there a place outside the secure part where they dump this or do you work in there?
            Andy
            On the web= C-lazy-F.co
            Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
            Call/Text 602-315-2406
            Phoenix Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by ADfields View Post
              We posted at the same time. So . . . how did you get it out of the port, is there a place outside the secure part where they dump this or do you work in there?
              I used to have access.

Comment

Just beautiful
                I love oak, the wood grain just says "I'm tough"
                You must have a planer.
                Again, Nice!

Comment

Nice work, snowbear! Projects from scrounged material are somehow sweeter and more personal, IMO. Love that lip around the edge, too; my dog has the Tail of Godzilla and things are constantly going airborne.
                  " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

well heck that looks allot better then the one i made outa free pallets!
                    Semper Fi!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X