wood stove for r kabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood stove for r kabin

made stove from hot water tank & some pieces-parts. works very good.LS:rolleyes:DSC02235_235_010.jpg
    Attached Files

Originally posted by cabinfields View Post
    made stove from hot water tank & some pieces-parts. works very good.LS:rolleyes:DSC02235_235_010.jpg
    WOW!
    That is a work of art, absolutely beautiful work!
    Looks like it will heat as good as it looks too.
    Great job, thanks for sharing!!

Comment

That looks great. What kind of hinges did you use? Are you going to pull freshair from the outside?

Comment

stove

the little plate on the bottom front of the door is on a hinge & has a 3/4"hole in the center. if you need more draft, you simply flip it up to expose (3 ) 1" holes (underneath) or front of door. it also has a 3" dia. ash "trap" underneath of which i "piped" down through the cabin floor( cabin's on pilings) which empties into a 55 gal. drum thus never having to deal with messy ashes very often. i put 3/4" catwalk grating on the inside so as not to burn the floor out. it heats the cabin pretty quickly. the one i built before this one, had a oven in the side of it. it was a little bigger tank though. A hunting/ fishing guide, friend of mine, uses it on the kobuk river at his fish camp.

Comment

I like the salmon, nice touch.
          I'm Pro-Pike.

Comment

Really nice customizing. But, what happened to the flue?

Comment

flue?

That's an old picture. The stove is in the cabin now.there is a picture posted showing that. (alaska remote living) ls

Comment

Nice looking stove, artwork gives it a real custom look.

Comment

cabinfields, just curious, how much would you sell one of these woodstoves for? thanks

Comment

$$

Never built one to sell. Have to figure out time & materials.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X