Wind Detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind Detector

Just wondering if anybody has a good idea as to what to refill my wind checker, "smoke in a bottle" with. I know baking powder and baby powder are not good. Anybody use anything else?
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Volcanic ash. No smell.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

corn starch? I just use a cheap bic lighter. If it is blowing too hard to light, direction is obvious. if critter is close enough to hear the scratch put down the lighter and pick up the bow/gun.

Comment

Possibly talcom powder?

Comment

Originally posted by bigswede358 View Post
          Just wondering if anybody has a good idea as to what to refill my wind checker, "smoke in a bottle" with. I know baking powder and baby powder are not good. Anybody use anything else?
          Throw it out and tie a 1 foot piece of light nylon sewing thread to your muzzle/bow, its always there telling wind direction and nothing to fool with!

Comment

Thanks for the good ideas. I'll try them out this fall
            LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Comment

Thread on the muzzle, just dont let Monk around, he will pull it off
              NRA Lifetime Member

Comment

I use carpenters chalk-line chalk, it's easier to see.

Don't forget on the talcum powder, use the "Fragrance Free" stuff.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X