Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the gold fever,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting the gold fever,

    Man this winter has got on my nerves, lol.I just want to dig a couple of holes in a creek, use my new classifres, my 4' sluce, and my portable,dessert fox gold wheel, lol

    Poor mans operation.

  • #2
    Thinking the price of gold is so high I need 4 more folks with 50k and the summer off.

    I'm sure 5 Alaskans would do better than those Oregon guys.

    I'm semi-serious.


    Been looking at my hunting area via the online state plats. MIning is open for claim, it is good area with other retired mines nearby but hard to access.

    Considering taking my sluice and buckets moose hunting this year. Would be a hoot to find a little gold and get winter meat.

    Comment


    • #3
      What tributary do yo hunt off from? not asking where. Tanana, Yukon?

      Comment


      • #4
        Chistochina area

        Comment


        • #5
          I just got my new sluce box, a couple classifiers, new pans, and a lot of speciman bottles, oh yea a new White's gold detector, now all I need is the time to get out into the bush and find the mother lode.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gerberman View Post
            I just got my new sluce box, a couple classifiers, new pans, and a lot of speciman bottles, oh yea a new White's gold detector, now all I need is the time to get out into the bush and find the mother lode.
            Which White's did you get?

            I want to grab the minelab gpx 4500 but have a hard time justifying it. If only the wife would.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Those mini labs are kinda spendy, lol. I thought we were talking poor mans prospecting. I would love to have one of those tho.

              Comment


              • #8
                I figure if a person is going to do it..It should be done the best way possible.

                The 4500s are a sweet machine for most of Alaska.

                On the other hand a highbanker and shovel can produce similar results. Depends on the workers and motivation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This worker is disabled and can maybe get a bucket a day of stuff to run through the wheel if he's lucky, lol.

                  Still have the heart, just not the body I used to have, lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rock_skipper View Post
                    This worker is disabled and can maybe get a bucket a day of stuff to run through the wheel if he's lucky, lol.

                    Still have the heart, just not the body I used to have, lol
                    Roger that!

                    Who knows..I may PM you with a location / camp to get that bucket. One never knows.

                    Hmmmm..... an AOD gold camp. Pans, sluices and BEER. Any whining or forum talk gets shot with a Red Ryder BB gun..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by junkak View Post
                      Thinking the price of gold is so high I need 4 more folks with 50k and the summer off.

                      I'm sure 5 Alaskans would do better than those Oregon guys.

                      I'm semi-serious.


                      Been looking at my hunting area via the online state plats. MIning is open for claim, it is good area with other retired mines nearby but hard to access.

                      Considering taking my sluice and buckets moose hunting this year. Would be a hoot to find a little gold and get winter meat.

                      Couldn't do any worse, that is for sure.

                      If I recall, they spent like $200k to get $16k worth of gold.

                      By that assessment, they could have blown $180k on hookers and blow and made $4k.

                      What a bunch of goobers. That was painful to watch.

                      Don't forget your bear tag:)



                      -Dan
                      The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sadly I can't Rep you anymore Dan. You had me at hookers and blow.

                        +1 in spirit

                        (geez mods...it is a joke for cryin out loud)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by junkak View Post
                          Hmmmm..... an AOD gold camp. Pans, sluices and BEER. Any whining or forum talk gets shot with a Red Ryder BB gun..
                          I am in and I have beer, pans, shovels and a BB gun...
                          I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm really interested in Whites Mine Lab 4500. I'm all about prospecting PWS. More gold has been pulled out of PWS than anywhere else in this state. Namely Valdez Creek and others. I know of gold bearing areas that used to have glaciers right to the water when I was a kid in the 70's, now the glacier is way back in the mountain and theres just a creek. I know for a fact theres lots of gold in the gravel where those glaciers were. Theres also reefs that icebergs ground on and melt w/ lots of over burden on them, I'm sure if somebody spent some time w/ a detector on a minus tide they would be rewarded. My friends mom used to pin wool blankets to the beach at Red Head before a storm and the storm surge would fill the blankets w/ black sand and gold and they would use mercury to extract the gold from the wool. I know for a fact they USGS does core samples and posts the results online. One place where I'm really interested they described a black slate canyon that had gold laying on the shelfs of slate, they went up around the bend in the river and found black sand. They took a one yard core sample and it yielded 1.5 oz! I'm no expert but 1.5 oz in a yard of dirt sounds mighty tasty to me! My biggest dilema is I can't justify stopping my commercial fishing operation long enough to check it out. I almost need a partner or partners to drop off and do some prospecting and find enough gold to convince me to mine instead of fish... I know some stuff I tell ya!
                            sigpic




                            I'm taking a poll
                            <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by junkak View Post
                              Roger that!

                              Who knows..I may PM you with a location / camp to get that bucket. One never knows.

                              Hmmmm..... an AOD gold camp. Pans, sluices and BEER. Any whining or forum talk gets shot with a Red Ryder BB gun..
                              If you let me forgo the beer I will bring my highbanker and sluice box. Got extra pans and classifiers as well.
                              Could even bring my Fisher gold bug metal detector.
                              "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

                              "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X