The mother lode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mother lode

So, I was out fishing last weekend and found all this shiny gold colored stuff. I figured it might be interesting to make knobs for the cabin or something out of it, so I filled a few five gallon buckets with the rocks. Sure was heavy...
    Anyway, if someone were to happen into gold nuggets or flakes where could one research the value of and find buyers for said material?
    I know this is a dumb question, but I don't know anythign about gold, or money, or women, for that mattter.

Chances are if it you say rocks, it's pyrite molded in with shale. Could very well be gold, though.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

its very toxic. give it to me and i will despose of it properly! do not touch or you will be in allot of toxins.. i will pm you my number so i can come remove it from your presence.
      Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by Ak Steve View Post
        I know this is a dumb question, but I don't know anythign about gold, or money, or women, for that mattter.
        :D

Throw a pic up on here and see if anyone might be able to help you out...
        The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
        sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

A 5 gallon bucket full of gold weighs about 800lbs

Comment

Originally posted by DanAK View Post
            A 5 gallon bucket full of gold weighs about 800lbs
            You could buy a NEW excavator with that!
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            Bill Hicks

Comment

Hey. If I had a bucket full, I would not need one lol

Comment

thats not right on the weight,.. if that was the case MR.T couldnt walk.
                Semper Fi!

Comment

1 square foot 12"x12"x12" of gold weighs in at about 1200 lbs

Comment

gold

the unit weight of gold is allegedly 1204 PCF. I believe a cubic foot is six some gallons, but that is from memory.
                    Still, my two buckets of nuggets do me no good unless I have someone to buy them. Where might I be able to sell gold? Is there a "regular" buyer in Anchorage?

Comment

i will give you my pfd for it! pm me.
                      Semper Fi!

Comment

I forget the name of the business but there is a place that buys it in anchorage. They assay it for quality and then pay based on the type of gold. fines, flakes, small nuggets, large nuggets, etc.
                        It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Okay, 5 gallons of gold equals 0.668 cubic feet (not square feet). Gold weighs 1182 pounds per cubic foot. Therefore a 5-gallon bucket of gold would weigh 789.6 pounds or 12,633.22 oz. At today's closing of $1,048.60 for gold (does not include premium for nuggets), the value of that bucket would be $13,247,190. Yes, that's millions.

Comment

I'll

I'll settle for half a five gallon bucket. The real value of gold is not in the weight but the jewelry and collectors value. Which could fetch a heck of a lot more.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                            Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

789.6 pounds is roughly 9,475 troy ounces

auction your bucket
                              http://sullcon.homestead.com/

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X