Theres gold in them thar hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres gold in them thar hills

Well this will be the next big debate. article in the news miner about the big find at Livingood, your thoughts on it.

Originally posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Well this will be the next big debate. article in the news miner about the big find at Livingood, your thoughts on it.
    There is more Gold all over Alaska then people realize. Mining is and will never go away, especially due to the compounds to make aluminum stronger, which is always associated with Gold.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

Lots of trade offs with mining. People need jobs, but I hate to see the country opened up.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree, and that said, which one of the mines, this one or Pebble should be opened up. Theres impact's on both of them.

Comment

I agree, and that said, which one of the mines, this one or Pebble should be opened up. Theres impact's on both of them.
          Pebble, as it has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in research.
          No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

I have to ask " up " who's money do you think went into that?

Comment

I have to ask " up " who's money do you think went into that?

Depends. Canada's money did a large part of it... paying American Geologists, Mineralologists, and Geological Engineers. Also Biologists, Hydrologists and others I can name if so.

Canada also paid for the survey permits, the insurance and the permits to drill shot holes. As well as the enviormental aspect of the permits and the testing in the areas.

But this is a joint venture... and we do get a percentage. Since the State (Alaskans) own the mineral rights... it isn't all going away, but i with they would up the percentage of what we get compared to what we make off of it now.

Rock... who do you think is lying? Or telling the truth?

The people who would like the mine, who have been using the people in the surrounding villages to help with the research on it?

Or the environmentalists, who have never been there because they do not want to pay for the permits and the helicopter trip to go out and look and go off bad data?

Comment

Actually I believe the regional corp. has rights to the surface mineral rights that would apply in this case. i believe the state has a secondary interest. part of the settlement act that gave surface mineral rights to regional corps. thats according to jay hammond in his book, but i have never looked up the law. anyone know the actual law on this one?

Comment

Lexis Nexis:

Look for Mineral Rights, Mining and laws for Alaska. Then look at the native rights concerning it. Just because the Regional Corp has some mineral rights to a certain depth... doesn't mean anything. It is only to a certain depth... as it also works with Oil and Gas rights. Regional Corps can lease out the surface rights...

Originally posted by supplydemand View Post
                  Actually I believe the regional corp. has rights to the surface mineral rights that would apply in this case. i believe the state has a secondary interest. part of the settlement act that gave surface mineral rights to regional corps. thats according to jay hammond in his book, but i have never looked up the law. anyone know the actual law on this one?

Comment

How about "C". All of the above.
                    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
                    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

"up" I hav'nt for got about ya, just trying to get some info. The reason I asked the question was for everybodys thoughts, Personaly I think everybody is lying to each other, as far as the impact on both sites, I'd have to say that the pebble mine would have a bigger impact if something went wrong, because of the fishing industry. You see I've been thru this before and I have seen what it dose to the land. Not saying anything yet, just looking at info.

Comment

Rock no worries. Let me know if you need some help. Maybe I can guide you in the direction for information you need.

"up" I hav'nt for got about ya, just trying to get some info. The reason I asked the question was for everybodys thoughts, Personaly I think everybody is lying to each other, as far as the impact on both sites, I'd have to say that the pebble mine would have a bigger impact if something went wrong, because of the fishing industry. You see I've been thru this before and I have seen what it dose to the land. Not saying anything yet, just looking at info.

Comment

I am new at this and was just scanning the site and came upon this discussion. When the Pebble debate started, I was trying to separate Chaff from wheat when the mine "for" folks started bragging about the largest earthen dam which will NEVER fail. Sorry, but there is no such thing as never fail. So watch out for these folks.

Comment

I have sat back and read your post a couple of times smiling.

No dam has ever lasted, neither has a natural dam, nor a mountian holding a large lake.. due to erosion, earthquake, over abundance of water via rain or run off. Gotta love real world circumstances included.

Nothing is "forever"..... anyone can figure that out if they ever think beyond themselves. But, if we go with that idea, we wouldn't be doing anything but sitting on our hands and swinging out feet. Innovation is the key to the beginning and moving forward.

I know this may seem blunt. But we are just a blip in time.... and a hole in the ground isn't going to be the thing that kills us. Trust me..

Originally posted by Down Bubble View Post
                            I am new at this and was just scanning the site and came upon this discussion. When the Pebble debate started, I was trying to separate Chaff from wheat when the mine "for" folks started bragging about the largest earthen dam which will NEVER fail. Sorry, but there is no such thing as never fail. So watch out for these folks.

Comment

Originally posted by upinak View Post
                              I know this may seem blunt. But we are just a blip in time.... and a hole in the ground isn't going to be the thing that kills us. Trust me..
                              Amen!!!!!!
                              Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
                              "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X