Eklutna area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eklutna area

Started getting interested and trying to get out more. Anyone know if Eklutna trail, glacier, river area public use for panning and/or detectors?
    TIA

Not sure about there but north of you is Hatcher Pass Recreational Mining area and Caribou Creek Recreational Mining Area.

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Prospec.../dp/188657412X

Great little book.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 02-01-2020, 11:14. Reason: Added link.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
      Not sure about there but north of you is Hatcher Pass Recreational Mining area and Caribou Creek Recreational Mining Area.

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Prospec.../dp/188657412X

Great little book.
      Awesome book to look into getting. Yeah I'm gonna hit those places up this summer also! thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the book, just ordered it. I have a metal detector a couple of gold pans some buckets and shovels. I have no idea of what Iím doing, but Iím gearing up to do it. Iíll have some time to use after bear baiting ends at the end of June.

Comment

Looks like my trip to NY to work on my food plots is going bust with the virus. I'm not going to Seattle, Chicago and New York the way it is. I have a small sluice box and extra pans. So going to throw them in the boat and experiment out on PWS this summer.

There is a lot of iron pyrite in Alaska. Otherwise known as fools gold. To tell the difference; Take a small flat possible gold flake and press a knife blade down in the middle. Fools gold will break, gold will bend under light force. Another way to tell is when you go to sell your gold and the buyer looks at you like your an idiot. The knife trick is preferred.

Patriot Life Member NRA
          Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
          Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
            Looks like my trip to NY to work on my food plots is going bust with the virus. I'm not going to Seattle, Chicago and New York the way it is. I have a small sluice box and extra pans. So going to throw them in the boat and experiment out on PWS this summer.

There is a lot of iron pyrite in Alaska. Otherwise known as fools gold. To tell the difference; Take a small flat possible gold flake and press a knife blade down in the middle. Fools gold will break, gold will bend under light force. Another way to tell is when you go to sell your gold and the buyer looks at you like your an idiot. The knife trick is preferred.
            Thanks for the advice!!!! Never thought about it to be honest.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X