looking for advise on equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for advise on equipment

Wow! This thread is quiet. I'm going for it anyway....

I could spend ALOT of $$ trying to figure out the best options for me, but Id rather not. I'd like to find a piece of equipment to run a small amount of dirt. off and on- nothing big, however effective. There is some gravel there, but alot of sand & silt as well.

Last year, I ran a blue bowl after classifying. I found a couple of flakes in the screened material- but the blue bowl gave me nothing. I thought about trying one of the spirals, but Im not into paying for one, if it isnt right for what I need. What is the best option for a hobbiest like myself?

I don't know everything your doing so I'll just let you know what I do. 1. Once I find promising gravel, I load it into a 5-gallon bucket of water with a sieve on top and classify to 1/4 or 1/8" depending on my hopes. I wash and shake the sieve filling the bucket pretty full dumping the larger stuff out of the sieve as I go. I then head to my sluice box and slowly run the 5-gallon bucket thru the sluice. When the sluice gets too full I dump it into a 3-gallon bucket and keep going until everything is run only pulling the matts on the last emptying. I might pan a little of the sluiced product to see if my effort was worth it. I then decide whether to continue or go home. 3. I then take the 3-gallon home, pan it in a tub, then run it in the yard in a micro sluice. 4. Suck it out in a bottle and put it in a quart jar. (or a very small vial.):-)

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Gold Cube. Works wonders.

Comment

I got a Gold cube last summer and had the grandkids run the sand after classifying it to 1/8", they ran 4 buckets about 4 gallons each, we ended up with 3/4 of a pop bottle of black sand and gold, now I need to get the gold out of the sand. Is there and easy way to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
          I don't know everything your doing so I'll just let you know what I do. 1. Once I find promising gravel, I load it into a 5-gallon bucket of water with a sieve on top and classify to 1/4 or 1/8" depending on my hopes. I wash and shake the sieve filling the bucket pretty full dumping the larger stuff out of the sieve as I go. I then head to my sluice box and slowly run the 5-gallon bucket thru the sluice. When the sluice gets too full I dump it into a 3-gallon bucket and keep going until everything is run only pulling the matts on the last emptying. I might pan a little of the sluiced product to see if my effort was worth it. I then decide whether to continue or go home. 3. I then take the 3-gallon home, pan it in a tub, then run it in the yard in a micro sluice. 4. Suck it out in a bottle and put it in a quart jar. (or a very small vial.):-)

What sluice are you using? and micro sluice.

Comment

Originally posted by jubilation View Post
            What sluice are you using? and micro sluice.
            The clean up is from Gold Prospectors, part of their clean up kit. Looks like a rain gutter.
            https://gpaastore.com/collections/fr...y-clean-up-kit

Patriot Life Member NRA
            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
            Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Late to the party, but the goldhog stuff works. The piglet mini highbanker will actually take a pretty good feed rate and does amazing. The multi sluice does awesome for clean up and you can run it out in the field as well for testing areas.

I normally run the highbanker till I'm tired of shoveling then pull the matts and put them in the bucket to clean out when I get home or back to the trailer then run the cons through the multi sluice. You can take 3-5 gallons of cons down to a few table spoons of super cons to pan out in real short order.

This year I built a couple of trommels to play with.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X