My new Martin Miller table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    To be honest I have never tried the blue bowl.
    I watched several Youtube videos on them and they seem more finicky. Must be 100% level and water level must be exactly right etc.
    I really want a shaker table but they start at $1,200 for the smallest one and I'm not sure that one is still on the market.
    I know my mining supply dealer has said he can't get that one anymore.
    The Miller table although slow works well and the price is reasonable.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    If I might ask, how much gold ended up being right there? I know looks can be deceiving I'm sure.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
      If I might ask, how much gold ended up being right there? I know looks can be deceiving I'm sure.....
      Sorry wish I had the answer for you but, to be honest I don't recall.
      I stuck it in a vial with some other gold I had been collecting.
      You are welcome to join me sometime to find some of your own though.

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Sorry wish I had the answer for you but, to be honest I don't recall.
        I stuck it in a vial with some other gold I had been collecting.
        You are welcome to join me sometime to find some of your own though.

Thanks! I was sitting here thinking that it might be something fun to do when, or if, I ever retire......lol.

Comment

Thanks! I was sitting here thinking that it might be something fun to do when, or if, I ever retire......lol.
          It's a fun hobby that can be done fairly inexpensively by starting small.
          Probably $25 will get you started.
          Then if you enjoy it and have a little extra cash you can buy more or bigger equipment etc.
          Pack a pan on your hunting excursions cause you never know where you will find it!

Comment

Pack a pan on your hunting excursions cause you never know where you will find it!
            That's funny you say that as I've often wished I'd had a pan where I've gone hunting here on the peninsula. Is it true that it's usually a good sign there's gold where you find a lot of black dirt, or is that just an old wives tale?

Comment

That's funny you say that as I've often wished I'd had a pan where I've gone hunting here on the peninsula. Is it true that it's usually a good sign there's gold where you find a lot of black dirt, or is that just an old wives tale?
              I had the same black dirt question. I found a few hundred yards of it but then I found heavy human sign, my guess is they were fishing or family camping... Anyway I wanted to make that my first place to try but I need to learn a lot before I dive into it

Comment

Not necessarily black dirt but black sand and gold are often found together.
                Black sand concentrations are usually made up of heavy minerals. Hematite, magnetite, wolframite, etc.
                So having concentrations of those heavy minerals usually means that if there are other heavy minerals like gold nearby it will become trapped in the same areas.
                Not all black sands have gold. Not all gold is found with black sands.
                But if there is gold there and black sands there they will often be found together.
                Since there is normally more black sands than gold in a given deposit we often see those first.
                Heavy thick layers of black sands on the beach in a gold bearing area like ours can contains gold.
                Just be careful of existing mining claims even on the beach.
                If your interested I have a DVD that explains the basics of gold and gold mining very well that I could loan to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                  I got held up at work and forgot about the meeting, I'll put it on the calendar for Dec and hopefully see you then
                  There is a meeting tonight.
                  Kenai legion hall upstairs at 6pm.
                  Maybe Yoy can make this one.
                  Anyone is welcome to attend.
                  It is free but we do raffle off some mining gear and gold at every meeting so bring some cash for raffle tickets.

Comment

There is a meeting tonight.
                    Kenai legion hall upstairs at 6pm.
                    Maybe Yoy can make this one.
                    Anyone is welcome to attend.
                    It is free but we do raffle off some mining gear and gold at every meeting so bring some cash for raffle tickets.

Thanks but I'm working. With more notice I may have been able to swing it

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X