Panning around the FE Gold Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panning around the FE Gold Camp

Would the area around the FE Gold Camp, along the Steese Highway, be a decent place to try some panning. Or is that area picked dry. Thanks.

I believe that area is mostly private property now and that presents it's own challenge.

Comment

Let's say that would not be a factor. How about the gold panning potential? Or is that area pretty much used up?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
        Let's say that would not be a factor. How about the gold panning potential? Or is that area pretty much used up?
        No, that area is not necessarily played out, but as has been noted it's pretty much all in private ownership or claims.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
          If private property is a non-issue, I would say go put some dirt in a pan and see what you find.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X