Classifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifiers

I was just curious about what kind of classifiers everyone uses as far as panning and sluicing go. I classify to 1/2 when panning and sluicing it just depend on where I go, but generally screen to 1/4- material. Do you have a favorite size which you use most of the time, like 1/4 inch? Or, do you pick you size depending on the size of gold in the area you are working.
    Just wondering...

I use 2 different kinds.
    The plastic ones that are I believe .420 so as to trap a dime for those coin hunters out there.
    These I carry and use for regular panning and sample panning.
    I use the plastic sided ones with metal 1/2" screen for sluicing.
    I have a 20 mesh one for final cleanup. As anything bigger can be picked up with my fingers.
    My Highbanker has grizzlies so no classifying needed for that.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

I use the green one that Blackcat mining company sells ( whatever size that is, different sizes with the colors,) and they fit on a 5 gallon bucket. I have found that if you cut the bottom out of the bucket, it fits nicely in a large pan and the bending over is cut in half, works for me anyway.

Comment

I have 2 that fit a 5-gallon bucket. One is 1/4 and the other is much finer. It all depends on the area I am in which one I use. I snipe a lot so I fill the bucket with water, place the screen on top, partially fill it, shake it, then looking for nuggets first throw the larger stuff off. Once the bucket is filled, I sluice the contents. That kind of breaks up the day and the heavy work. I only spot check the sluice, cleaning only when filled and only panning the contents once home under ideal conditions.

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Ha, almost finished my little portable sluice. Took a 2 and half gal. bucket with the same size top as a 5 gal., cut the bottom out of it, fixed it into the mouth of the sluice, cut a water path , stuck a through rod in the bucket to do a little shaking and placed the classifer on top, lol.

Not the best design but hey, think it will work for me. ( show pictures soon.)

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X