No announcement yet.

antiseptics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed this thread again. I buy all of my antibiotics from online aquarium supply houses.
    Originally posted by Troy Sharp View Post
    Sounds like he meant azithromycin but erythromycin is an abx. My question is what provider is writing the scripts and what do they say... "for the possible hypothetical infection of x,y, and z..."?
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Be careful of Cipro, some people are allergic to this, ie. me, it caused lack of muscle strength after taking it, I had to be helped up from sitting position after a couple days dosage. It is strong medicine, and can affect people differently. I had a UTI in Alaska at my cabin, glad I had friends there to help get out. After Surgery to repair my broken Clavicle in April, the Dr. said "Just keep it clean, do not put anything on it." It healed just fine. I normally put Neosporin on small cuts, they heal in about a week.

Comment

There's also been many cases of Achilles tendon ruptures after taking it. I only carry augmentin, which is amoxicillin and an adjunct.
        Originally posted by Gerberman View Post
        Be careful of Cipro, some people are allergic to this, ie. me, it caused lack of muscle strength after taking it, I had to be helped up from sitting position after a couple days dosage. It is strong medicine, and can affect people differently. I had a UTI in Alaska at my cabin, glad I had friends there to help get out. After Surgery to repair my broken Clavicle in April, the Dr. said "Just keep it clean, do not put anything on it." It healed just fine. I normally put Neosporin on small cuts, they heal in about a week.

Comment

Originally posted by springer View Post
          There's also been many cases of Achilles tendon ruptures after taking it. I only carry augmentin, which is amoxicillin and an adjunct.

The quinolones can definitely cause issues with tendons (not just Achilles but they seem to be most common). They are great medication when needed and still what I like for pyelonephritis and pneumonia that has not responded to Augmentin, but I do so cautiously. Stay well hydrated if taking them.

Augmentin is my favorite for serious sinusitis, strep, otitis media, severe bronchitis, most bites (human included), and lots of skin infections. Expect some lose stools and take it with food. Y'all stay safe.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X