No announcement yet.

Burn Ban FAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy those warming fires have started a bunch of fires!
    Tim

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
      Read this link from KSRM.
      The burn ban does include warming fires.
      Absolutely no open burning of any kind no warming fires,no camp fires,no burn barrels,etc
      From Andy Alexandrou of the forestry department:
      If I were the boss, I'd have a great big sign as you start up the hill from the Turnagin Arm saying.... NO BURNING ANYTHING WHATSOEVER...!!!.....or something along those lines.....
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

and large families........

Originally posted by mit View Post
        Boy those warming fires have started a bunch of fires!
        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
          If I were the boss, I'd have a great big sign as you start up the hill from the Turnagin Arm saying.... NO BURNING ANYTHING WHATSOEVER...!!!.....or something along those lines.....
          They have a huge digital sign as you start on the Seward highway just south of Anchorage.I'm guessing that would be a great place to alert people of the fires and the burn ban along with the usual Traffic accident reports etc.
          That way they can warn all the tourists headed south in their RV's who may not catch local news.

On another note my wife has a warming fire pit on our back deck. On a cool evening it is nice to sit around the fire.
          Even when it's hot we sometimes(not now of course) start a fire and call up some friends and family to come over to cook smore's roast marshmallows and BS around the warming fire.
          It makes for an enjoyable evening as the smoke helps keep the bugs at bay. And we have some good conversation that didn't involve cooking dinner for everybody they just make their own Smore's and relax.
          "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Burn bans are great. Now if we can just keep smokers from flicking their butts out the window as they drive down the road.

Or, tow truck drivers and thier fuse's. I was on a bike ride in the area yesterday and at an accident I watched a driver light and throw one down the road. He turned around, headed back to his truck. I watched it roll of the highway into the ditch. I let him know. Point is. He wasn't being to cautious.
            A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

I'm expecting more fires to start up before this weather trend changes. Sadly, any fire that is started by humans, will likely be caused by stupidity.
              Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

I heard that some people started a fire in a fire pit at Arc Lake a couple days ago. Folks came up to them and told them there was a burn ban in effect. They said something along the lines of......."This is a fire pit and we're gonna use it."

They called the troopers on them......
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                  I heard that some people started a fire in a fire pit at Arc Lake a couple days ago. Folks came up to them and told them there was a burn ban in effect. They said something along the lines of......."This is a fire pit and we're gonna use it."

They called the troopers on them......
                  That's correct. I know the folks who called them out on it.
                  On another not. We camped for the weekend at Trail River Campground near Moose Pass. Many of the sites were sporting camp fires, and even some of the Outdoor Group we traveled with ended up having a fire. We mentioned the burn ban, and were told several times that it did not include fires in fire rings at camp grounds. Don't know who was wrong, them or me, but we DID NOT have a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
                    That's correct. I know the folks who called them out on it.
                    On another not. We camped for the weekend at Trail River Campground near Moose Pass. Many of the sites were sporting camp fires, and even some of the Outdoor Group we traveled with ended up having a fire. We mentioned the burn ban, and were told several times that it did not include fires in fire rings at camp grounds. Don't know who was wrong, them or me, but we DID NOT have a fire.
                    Good for you guy's. My understanding is everything but gas barque's.

We headed North, kids had to potty pulled over at the fireworks stand to use ports potty. Guy pulls up and ask why isn't the fireworks stand open. Told him statewide ban on setting them off as well as selling them. His question was where could he buy his fireworks for the 4th. My reply was if you are dumb enough to set off fireworks now, you don't need any!!

He asked so do you know when they will be open?

GOD HELP US!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhhunter76 View Post
                      Good for you guy's. My understanding is everything but gas barque's.

We headed North, kids had to potty pulled over at the fireworks stand to use ports potty. Guy pulls up and ask why isn't the fireworks stand open. Told him statewide ban on setting them off as well as selling them. His question was where could he buy his fireworks for the 4th. My reply was if you are dumb enough to set off fireworks now, you don't need any!!

He asked so do you know when they will be open?

GOD HELP US!!!
                      Should be an IQ test to buy them. "Nope, you're way too stupid to own or set off fireworks. Move along. Loser."

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X