Kifaru Ultra Light Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kifaru Ultra Light Packs

I got my KU5200 Kifaru Ultra Light Pack a few weeks ago. After i gathered all my gear up and packed it I felt like I might need a little more wiggle room. Ordered a couple side pockets and a large pod and they came today. With all the accessories I have about 9500ci of storage space and the flexibility to drop any unneeded excess storage. The pack, E&E, 2 large side pockets, water bolt carrier, grabit, belt pouch and a large pod all weight just under 5lbs. That is a lot of pack for the weight. Now I just need to strap it on and get to walking off this winter weight.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
    I got my KU5200 Kifaru Ultra Light Pack a few weeks ago. After i gathered all my gear up and packed it I felt like I might need a little more wiggle room. Ordered a couple side pockets and a large pod and they came today. With all the accessories I have about 9500ci of storage space and the flexibility to drop any unneeded excess storage. The pack, E&E, 2 large side pockets, water bolt carrier, grabit, belt pouch and a large pod all weight just under 5lbs. That is a lot of pack for the weight. Now I just need to strap it on and get to walking off this winter weight.

Steve

Wow.

Almost 10K of space and under 5 lbs. Awesome.
    Proud to be an American!

Comment

Man, I am going to have to put my McHale on the scale and see just what it comes in at. I know it is heavier than the Kifaru but definitely made from more durable material (full dyneema as opposed to sil-ny). Very cool pack Steve, I am extremely curious to see how you like it in the field. The KU might be just the pack for the wife, I am looking forward to checking out Luke's and seeing what the wife thinks about it.

Comment

The KU packs are made from a similar material used to make Para-gliders. They are not Sil-Nylon, I know my paratarp has taken some serious abuse and still looks like new.

Comment

Loaded up the pack with everything needed for a 7 day hunt except water, 43lbs. I think I'm really going to like this pack, had plenty of room for a boned out sheep.

Steve

Comment

At 2# 13oz, I wondered how the padding on the belt/shoulder straps was going to be loaded up.
            Sounds like you deem them mission ready - adequately padded with good weight distribution?
            No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
              Loaded up the pack with everything needed for a 7 day hunt except water, 43lbs. I think I'm really going to like this pack, had plenty of room for a boned out sheep.

Steve
              Pretty darn good Steve. That counting your rifle as well??

Comment

No, that is without the rifle, all the gear, food, spotter and even the tent plus a paratarp with annex.

Comment

steve, would you mind putting a gear list together for that weight total? thanks, shane.

Comment

Originally posted by sdrhunter View Post
                    steve, would you mind putting a gear list together for that weight total? thanks, shane.
                    No problem Mr Shane, have a list already just need to update it. Have to warn you it cost me my first born to get that light.

I know you guys are sheep hunters though, only sheep hunters would take two big spotters and only one stove.

Steve
                    Last edited by stid2677; 04-02-2011, 19:59.

Comment

LOL, you're right. i'm willing to wager my 2nd born as well.....

Comment

Originally posted by sdrhunter View Post
                        LOL, you're right. i'm willing to wager my 2nd born as well.....
                        When I started weighing it all I had missed a few items and added an extra Jacket, come out to be 47 lbs 12 ozs have the list on a word Document, PM me your email address and I will send it to you. Could get it down further but after I share the tent and a few other items I'm happy to carry the extras.

Steve

Comment

After watching episode one, I saw tons of area's that could have shed weight....I was impressed though, the footage was incredible.

Good job on your hunt, I am jealous to have such ideal conditions (legal rams).

Sheep hunting is an addiction, I have it bad....

Good Job Fellas, I am impressed....

Comment

yes, we could have cut weight in several areas. however, we didn't need to as my good hunting partner joe didn't have any tags and was basically there to pack. what a blessing. this year will be different as i am now a minimalist oz. counter. no extra packer....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X