DIY Camo Dip Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Camo Dip Kit

This looks like something fun to try www.camodipkit.com - I wonder how much stuff I could turn camo LOL

Slick

Looks simple on that video clip. Good result isn't it?
    A 2ft x 8ft sheet for $134 (incld shipping) - but very good looking result.
    Thanks!
    No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

your welcome - I hope to have some pics of what I have done shortly

Comment

A year from now too...

and see how it holds up. Might be pretty good - Bowtech uses what appears to be a similar process on their bows, but it's all in the solvent-surface details I guess.
        Cool looking though. Good luck!
        No habitat, no hunter.

Comment

just dipped my first thing - a deer skull - it worked AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by grizzlyhunter View Post
            Cool product. Have any pics of the deer skull after the dip?
            sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzlyhunter View Post
              Pics or we dont believe ya...:rolleyes:
              The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
              sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

Since they only ship UPS Ground how much did it cost to get it up here to Alaska?

I will still probably just spray paint my shotgun since it already has a good coating, but solid black gives away movement too easily out in the boat.

Comment

pics

So is someone gonna post some pics. I would like to see them.
                  What about painting an entire rifle, scope and all??

Comment

Originally posted by plentycoupe View Post
                    What about painting an entire rifle, scope and all??
                    Painting a rifle or doing a complete dip job?
                    sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

either

Thanks for the replyl.
                      I would like to camo the entire rifle whether it be dipped or painted.

Am not worried about the gun giving my position away while hunting, I just think it would be cool to do.

What do you suggest?

Comment

Man I don't know... camoing a hunting rifle... I got a pm from a guy a few years ago who went on a DCUA walkin sheep hunt. He had his new camo stocked rifle strapped to his pack frame while busting the alders for a mile or more. When he and his buddy finally busted out he found that his rifle had gotten ripped off his pack! His buddy didn't have a rifle. He didn't have a sheep tag. They searched hi and low and never did find it in the alders. I;m sure the camo job didn't help any. He came out without a ram or his rifle. It's bad enough that mine has a light grey stock. I've got half a mind to paint it orange but I just cant get myself to spray paint my Kimber!
                        A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Originally posted by Snyd View Post
                          I've got half a mind to paint it orange but I just cant get myself to spray paint my Kimber!
                          Luke's plannin' on painting his Kimber :rolleyes:

I can duracoat some blaze orange on that stock for ya!!
                          sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

Originally posted by hunt_ak View Post
                            Luke's plannin' on painting his Kimber

I can duracoat some blaze orange on that stock for ya!!
                            .... I think I'll just carry it this way....that's me on the left, AKCub on the right. Maybe if I just get enough blood on it it'll have a nice red sheen to it

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Originally posted by Snyd View Post
                              Man I don't know... camoing a hunting rifle... I got a pm from a guy a few years ago who went on a DCUA walkin sheep hunt. He had his new camo stocked rifle strapped to his pack frame while busting the alders for a mile or more. When he and his buddy finally busted out he found that his rifle had gotten ripped off his pack! His buddy didn't have a rifle. He didn't have a sheep tag. They searched hi and low and never did find it in the alders. I;m sure the camo job didn't help any. He came out without a ram or his rifle. It's bad enough that mine has a light grey stock. I've got half a mind to paint it orange but I just cant get myself to spray paint my Kimber!
                              Thats the main reason not to buy a camo stock, I also have a grey one and I have orange flagging tape hanging off of the sling. Anyone just try wrapping thier rifle in camo duct tape?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X