X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
    XPG Four season tent
    i have the 2,4 adn 6 man versions love them all the same. not sure on the weight. to heavy for a spike camp, perfect base camp, super strong in high winds, hold snow loads well, and heat great with a latern or buddy heater. good price and last a lonngg time if you take care of them like you should. only base camps tents i use are cabela's. the weight and price can't be beat.
    I am considering this tent. I see your post is a couple of year old, are you still of the same opinion on the XPG? I am waffling between the 4 and 6 man. I currently have an 8 man Cabelas Alaskan Guide Dome wich has been a phenomenal tent with many years of service, but am looking to lightening up the load a bit (fiberglass poles; broke one on the Yukon last year!). The 8 man is most definitely a condo tent, really too big for my needs.

In some of the reviews there seems to be a condensation/ventilation issue; have you experienced this? What is your experience in big wind?

I am looking for the best, most reliable tent without breaking the bank or overloading the plane!

Thanks

Comment

never had condensation or vent issues with the XPG tents, they are not made for 100mph winds though, as they aren't really that heavy. the 6 man you can stand up in and fit 3 guys comfortably, the 4 man is really a good 2 man and gear tent. i still use them and will continue to buy them when i need a new one!
      Www.blackriverhunting.com
      Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
        never had condensation or vent issues with the XPG tents, they are not made for 100mph winds though, as they aren't really that heavy. the 6 man you can stand up in and fit 3 guys comfortably, the 4 man is really a good 2 man and gear tent. i still use them and will continue to buy them when i need a new one!

thanks for the reply. Very helpful in my decision!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X