2009 Sitka Gear rain gear....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Sitka Gear rain gear....

Just got off the phone with sitka gear, intersted in a new set up their upcoming rain gear...but guess what turns out for a set of tops and bottoms its over..yes over $900!!!! holy crud!!
    just wanted to toss it out and see who in here is gonna fork out 900 bucks for one set of rain gear??? not sure what sitka's thinking but they ain't thinkin' very hard!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Now Jake, you're not looking at it realistically. If you do 20 hunts a year that's only $45 a hunt.
    Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

ya i guess your right, one new pair of HH impertec pants per hunt...i guess that seems like good money managment...lol
      or a new rifle....
      new bino's...
      trip to anywhere in the US....
      rifle will last my lifetime...
      bino's probably the same...
      sitka rain gear....2 seasons maybe??
      Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
        ya i guess your right, one new pair of HH impertec pants per hunt...i guess that seems like good money managment...lol
        or a new rifle....
        new bino's...
        trip to anywhere in the US....
        rifle will last my lifetime...
        bino's probably the same...
        sitka rain gear....2 seasons maybe??
        Or one trip up and down a goat mtn.
        Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Thats crazy BRWNBR , No freaking way I would pay $900 for a set of rain gear. I know there are some serious Sitka Gear users out there, but I have to honestly say that this company has come out with the most overpriced gear I have ever seen, and IMO ..........it just aint worth it! Unless of course you have lots of money to waste and enjoy doing so.

Comment

I am an avid snowboarder and snowmachiner and I really like Sitka gear. Thier gear reminds me more of what i buy for snowboarding and has alot of things that it is next to impossiable to find on other hunting jackets. I like that they have under arm vents, it sucks haveing a waterproof jacket on while hiking out goat meat in the rain and not having any ventialtion. not to mention thier jackets actually have hoods and are super quite which is a big advantage to me because i am a bow hunter. But i have the same problem, that price, man its hard to bring myself to spend that much on a jacket for hunting.

Comment

i'll sweat in rain gear....i don't care..900 bucks ain't happening for me...i just want to know what user group they are targeting for that kinda money....
              Master guide 212

Comment

i'll sweat in rain gear....i don't care..900 bucks ain't happening for me...i just want to know what user group they are targeting for that kinda money....
                Shoot...I don't know what group they were targetting with the Nimbus like at $600 for a set of rain gear!

Comment

The sad thing is they'll probably sell 15,000 sets of the raingear the first week it comes out!!!

Comment

And I thought the Sitka Gear Nimbus jacket for $349 at Army Navy in Anchorage was out there.... Don't the folks at Sitka Gear know we're in a recession...?

Comment

...i just want to know what user group they are targeting for that kinda money....
                      People with more money than me.

Comment

Were you trying to buy directly from Sitka? If so, that's half of the problem.

Comment

...i just want to know what user group they are targeting for that kinda money....

The pot bellied, gray haired "good 'ol boy sheep hunters" I see pictures of on the web with a 40inch plus ram on the top of a mountain (I still wonder how those guys get up there). The one he needed to get to fill his Grand Slam to impress all the other good ol boys back home.

I guess I better watch it with the "gray haired ol boy" comments. I'll be turning 50 in the sheep mountains next august :eek:
                          A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Comment

Big Fan

I am a big fan of Sitka gear, but $900 for rain gear or any sort of outerwear is absolutely nuts. I am sure they'll get the same feedback from their market segment.
                            Marc Theiler

Comment

Their isn't a piece of rain gear on this planet worth $900, I could buy enough Impertech to last me 2 lifetimes with that kind of money.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X