• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leryt
    replied
    Originally posted by dieNqvrs View Post

Custom with Muskox horn handle
    Thatís really cool!
    I told the wife my knife budget just went up because i love these sheep horn. Itís so awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• dieNqvrs
    replied

Custom with Muskox horn handle

Leave a comment:

• Leryt
    replied
    Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
    That sheep horn handle is waaaay cool!
    It is beautiful and extremely comfortable!
    Iím so excited for it. The horn, the balance, everything is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    That sheep horn handle is waaaay cool!

Leave a comment:

• Leryt
    replied

This thing is SO AWESOME!
    Bark River Wilderness Explorer in CPM CRU-Wear and Sheep Horn!

Leave a comment:

• Leryt
    replied
    Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
    Very nice looking knife- carry it with pride.
    Absolutely, Iím super excited to get this Loveless design.

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Leryt View Post
    Well I was looking for an EDC but found something I couldnít pass up.
    [ATTACH]98538[/ATTACH]

Very nice looking knife- carry it with pride.

Leave a comment:

• Leryt
    replied
    Well I was looking for an EDC but found something I couldnít pass up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	2502088

Leave a comment:

• Leryt
    replied
    Originally posted by Gerberman View Post
    A lot of folks come down from Alaska in April for the Oregon Knife Collectors Association show in Eugene, Oregon. It is the largest show West of the Mississippi. over 450 tables. www.oregonknifeclub.org, has great articles on different knives and the dates of the show. If you are looking for a knife type, grind or handle material, it will be there, or you can commission one of the makers to make you a custom knife. The makers and collectors that are showing will answer any questions you have. You can't have too many knives.
    That would be SWEEEET! Iím actually from Oregon and that would be awesome. Unfortunately not in my near future. This time of year Iím saving PTO for hunting season or for vacation. Next year Iíll be back in Oregon south of Bend for a really good friends wedding in June. Iíll b back for two weeks is the plan.
    I love Alaska but part of me will always love Oregon!

Leave a comment:

• Gerberman
    replied
    A lot of folks come down from Alaska in April for the Oregon Knife Collectors Association show in Eugene, Oregon. It is the largest show West of the Mississippi. over 450 tables. www.oregonknifeclub.org, has great articles on different knives and the dates of the show. If you are looking for a knife type, grind or handle material, it will be there, or you can commission one of the makers to make you a custom knife. The makers and collectors that are showing will answer any questions you have. You can't have too many knives.

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    Originally posted by Leryt View Post
    I will for sure! Are they related to the Great Northern Knives in Wasilla?

Different folks as far as I know- never been to the one in Wasilla.

Leave a comment:

• Leryt
    replied
    I will for sure! Are they related to the Great Northern Knives in Wasilla?

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    There are some great knifemakers here. If you get to Anchorage, stop in at Northern Knives to check out local blades from quite a few makers, as well as a nice assortment of others. Brand loyalty is great and it is nice to know you are happy with your choices. Stay safe!

Leave a comment:

• Leryt
    replied
    I like a lot of what you are saying. I want to stick with Convex, and I'm looking at a couple of Alaska knife makers, especially locally here in Fairbanks. I was given my first Bark River, the Bravo 1 and have been so impressed with the knife and them I kind of want to continue to support them. But I absolutely understand and agree with what you are saying. I don't have the same experience to back it up it sounds like but I've been carrying a knife most of my life.

Leave a comment:

• AKBEE
    replied
    EDC means many things to different folks and where they are carrying. When I am around town I carry a Spyderco Paramilitary in each front pocket (tip up for me) and have worn a Bowen belt buckle since the 70's while overseas. I prefer fixed blades for most things and when out and about almost always grab my Dozier Professional Guides knife in a kydex horizontal sheath worn on the left front. It is D2 which is hard but able to take an edge and I like it. The blade is 5" which is small enough to choke up and do anything needed, while big enough to do lots with. When carrying a pack hiking or fishing, I always have a blade available on the left front strap (a Dozier). I have a smaller Greco Scagel I like to use when doing dirty work, and like the Spyderco Tenacious folders when working on the property because they are a great blade for $45 and feel good in the hand while holding a good edge, yet it wouldn't hurt much if I lost one. Forged fixed blades of different sizes from Sloan knives abound and I like Microtech folders and autos. My favorite fillet knive is a discontinued Microtech. I can't be without a tiny swiss army blade with the fantastic scissors and tweezers! LOL. I have a fancy Draper Damascus with sheep horn for 'formal wear'.

I love large camp knives that I can hack things with as well, and for those I like a 9" blade. My favorite is a Mike Diebert forged chopper that is just about perfect. It feels great in the hand and I simply love carrying it. Others that I really love are unfortunately not being made right now- Tim Withers chopper and Stienbech. Audra Draper MS made me a 9' bladed Damascus chopper that I love to carry as well. Fallkniven A2 is one I keep with my survival gear on wheelers and snowmachines. I carry a camp knife frequently and sometimes get to have conversations with folks who are interested in them. I carry a warhawk by 2hawks when tromping in the woods.

I love hand made things and enjoy sharpening and taking care of my blades. I understand the popularity of the Havalon for ease of having a razor sharp blade but it isn't something that I want. I gave up most hunting and have no need for one. Everyone has biases and dislikes for certain blades as well as trucks, etc. I recommend you go to somewhere you can handle many different blades and see what fits you best. Consider ESEE and Fallkniven for a great fixed blade. That said, I still have an old Schrade from childhood and a few Buck knives as well. My wife prefers a Benchmade folder over any that I have and didn't like the other models she handled.

The perfect knife for any situation is the one you have with you!

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X