• Show
Clear All

• spyguy386
    replied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• spyguy386
    replied
    I use a Uniden handheld radio on my ocean boat for when we anchor and go to shore to explore. I believe it easily will reach your two mile marker especially if at elevation. Itís very easy to operate and believe itís less than $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jklingel
    started a topic hand held 2-way radios

hand held 2-way radios

(i thought i posted this earlier today, but apparently did not hit the right key.) any recommendations on newer models of hand-held, two-way radios? the "brand names", like garmin, motorola, etc, don't seem to rate well on amazon; lots of #1 and #2 ratings. that is pretty discouraging, but typical of too many products of late. i want to be able to call another boat to get a 10-20 now and then; we don't expect to be too far apart, but rivers braid and minds wonder.... the retevis brand radios (never heard of them before i googled) rate real well, but i know stink about them. what are you folks using that is SIMPLE, waterproof, and reliable up to 2 miles realistically. i don't want to have to carry a 30-page manual to see how to turn the *(&^$$&(( thing on and off. no gps, games, etc, needed; just a good squak box. thanks for any experience with the newer ones. john

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X