Folding pruning/camp saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding pruning/camp saw

I dont have any experience with folding saws... but i think i'd like one. Anyone recommend something that is good quality, but aint over 30 bucks?

Thanks

~Bazoo

Since nobody has answered you, I'll give you an easy answer. A Coughlan Sierra Saw, available at most big box stores with a sporting goods department, is what I generally always carry. More than suitable for pruning, it might be a little small for camp use depending on your definition of that. They are inexpensive, light weight, cut well and you can get readily available replacement blades when they get dull. For larger camp use, it's hard to beat a chain saw or a good bow saw.

Comment

Late to the party as usual, I would recommend saving your money until you can afford a Silky Saw. I would think either the BigBoy or the Gomboy would be the ticket for your needs.

Comment

I have had several. Right now in my bowhunting pack is a Stihl. Pretty good saw. The blade locking mechanism is a little weak but functional. Very sharp though.

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Found one that suits me. Buddy happened to have one when I helped him move. Mom liked it so much, she bought one. We aint tried it out yet, but if I like moms, i'll buy my own.

https://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-POWER...rs+pruning+saw

Comment

I own 3 of the Gerber folding saws. They come with a bone saw blade in the sheath. The wood blade has cut thru 5 inch logs/trees for me when needed. Saplings are cake. Very handy in camping situations.
            Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
            WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Lone Wolf (subsidiary of Benchmade) makes a fantastic small sheath saw. I have cut many a branch and through spruce trees with them. I know you asked about a folder, but the Lone Wolf is small enough to fit in a pack and is very sturdy with an extremely efficient cut.

Comment

All I could find under lone wolf name was like this, discontinued too. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/22...polymer-handle

Comment

Originally posted by cod View Post
                  I own 3 of the Gerber folding saws. They come with a bone saw blade in the sheath. The wood blade has cut thru 5 inch logs/trees for me when needed. Saplings are cake. Very handy in camping situations.
                  I have one of the gerber folding saws, its probably over 20 years old, still sharp and still gets used

Comment

Originally posted by Bazoo View Post
                    All I could find under lone wolf name was like this, discontinued too. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/22...polymer-handle
                    Well it appears you are correct! I am glad I got a couple of them before they closed- darned good little saw. I have a few folders stashed in packs and autos. Stihl and Gerber's- they get the job done.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X