No announcement yet.

Redfield Optics Owners/Users...give me your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a new pair of Redfield Rebel 10x42 field glasses. Fred Meyers had a coupon that put them within ust a few dollars of optics planet dot com and $40 under Cabela's.

Wow what a difference!! (Especially compared to my 7-15x25 Bushnells-and only $40 more than what the Bushnells had cost.) Super bright & clear. Easy to hold and adjust. My son, who wears glasses, and has had a LOT of frustrating difficulty with the Bushnells, really likes these Redfields. We'll take them to the cabin and try them out more later this week.

My only complaint, if you could call it that, is the product advertising stated adaptable to tripod use, but there is nothing on the glasses and nothing in the packaging to accommodate that, and there is nothing in the included documentation to mention it. I'll send an email or something later.

Comment

Originally posted by FL2AK-Old Town View Post
      Just bought a new pair of Redfield Rebel 10x42 field glasses. Fred Meyers had a coupon that put them within ust a few dollars of optics planet dot com and $40 under Cabela's.

Wow what a difference!! (Especially compared to my 7-15x25 Bushnells-and only $40 more than what the Bushnells had cost.) Super bright & clear. Easy to hold and adjust. My son, who wears glasses, and has had a LOT of frustrating difficulty with the Bushnells, really likes these Redfields. We'll take them to the cabin and try them out more later this week.

My only complaint, if you could call it that, is the product advertising stated adaptable to tripod use, but there is nothing on the glasses and nothing in the packaging to accommodate that, and there is nothing in the included documentation to mention it. I'll send an email or something later.
      No cap that rotates in the front for a 1/4 x 20 screw to fit?
      "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

Originally posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
        No cap that rotates in the front for a 1/4 x 20 screw to fit?
        There is. I found it last night. I found "binocular tripod adapters" at bhphoto.com. Then I found the threaded cover on the field glasses. Then I put 2 and 2 together. I had the impression that it came with such a device. C'est la vie.

Comment

AS it has been noted already, Leupold bought the Redfield name and now makes most Redfield scopes. If you want an Oregon made scope with the Redfield name, stay with the Revelation, as the Revenge is either made in the Phillipines or China. I had to do a lengthy research last year on a company for grad school and chose Leupold. Most of their glass is actually made out of the US, but the scopes are assembled in the Leupold plant in Oregon, except the Redfield Revenge line.

Comment

I own two of the Revolution scopes and the Rebel binocs, and I like them a lot. No brand loyalty here, as I own several other brands as well, it's just that I never have to fool with the Redfields.

Comment

Just gave a Redfield Widefield 2-7x my Dad used to my #2 son so this one is a 3rd generation of Redfield still doing what it's designed to do. I do have a Weaver 1.5 - 4.5x that's older...I think... that was on my Dad's Marlin 36.
              Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X