Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the nice thing about gore-tex. Just toss it into the washing machine to get it clean and restore its breathability after it gets clogged with dirt/guts. I've resembled the smell you're referring to after days of fishing and hours upon hours of cleaning fish. After running it through the wash it comes out clean and odor-free.

BTW, when washing gore-tex clothing I wash it a second time without any soap and using the double-rinse feature of the washing machine. Soap residue clogs the fabric pores and I've noticed it doesn't breathe as well.

Comment

Maybe I just wait too long after getting it nasty to clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With my Gore-Tex jackets, I wash them on cold and then spray them with Rivivex thoroughly and throw them in the dryer to refresh the repellency. Dirt plays heck with the breathable membrane rain-wear and cleaning it can really make a huge difference. Same with waders- seems like most people don't wash them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_132341 resized.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	2757543My Impertech began to "de-lam" after about 9 months of moderate use. About a year later the adhesive that held the pocket on, failed. I sweat a lot when active and the jacket felt too hot, even on a 40 degree day.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
            Iím in the market for a new rain jacket and bibs for fishing. Iíll be Fishing from a boat. Iím thinking about a jacket with neoprene cuffs to help keep the water out. Iím not worried about the weight of the jacket. The function, fit, and durability are more important to me. What have you used that you liked and didnít like and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I wear commercial grade Helly Hansen for boating.
            I made a pair of shell mittens from an old pair of breathable waders...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	waterproof_mittens.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2767991
            after seam sealing I filled the mittens with water to make sure they were 100 percent waterproof.
            I wear liner gloves, wool gloves, or 2 pair of polarfleece mittens under the shell mittens depending on the wind chill.

Comment

If you have the cash Arcertryx is awesome but very expensive. My main jacket these days is an Outdoor Research Foray, about half the price, which uses GoreTex PacLite and has full length zip ups. Have stayed dry through several days of heavy rain/snow/wind. Biggest problem I face is getting wet from the inside out while trudging up a mountain. This jacket comes the closest of any I've owned to allowing you to stay dry both inside and out.

_____
              ForbrukslŚnkalkulator
              Last edited by dezerte; 1 week ago.

Comment

Frogg Toggs have a wide selection to fit just about any budget

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X