No announcement yet.

Rain jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the nice thing about gore-tex. Just toss it into the washing machine to get it clean and restore its breathability after it gets clogged with dirt/guts. I've resembled the smell you're referring to after days of fishing and hours upon hours of cleaning fish. After running it through the wash it comes out clean and odor-free.

BTW, when washing gore-tex clothing I wash it a second time without any soap and using the double-rinse feature of the washing machine. Soap residue clogs the fabric pores and I've noticed it doesn't breathe as well.

Comment

Maybe I just wait too long after getting it nasty to clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With my Gore-Tex jackets, I wash them on cold and then spray them with Rivivex thoroughly and throw them in the dryer to refresh the repellency. Dirt plays heck with the breathable membrane rain-wear and cleaning it can really make a huge difference. Same with waders- seems like most people don't wash them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_132341 resized.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	2757543My Impertech began to "de-lam" after about 9 months of moderate use. About a year later the adhesive that held the pocket on, failed. I sweat a lot when active and the jacket felt too hot, even on a 40 degree day.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X