Wool pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wool pants

Went to a few stores in town and couldn't find much for thick wool pants. Does any one know where they are hiding at? Want to get a pair for underneath the snowmachine bibs

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I've been using east German military surplus wool pants for years for climbing, snowshoeing, etc.....super warm and easy on the wallet....

http://store.colemans.com/cart/east-...rs-p-2800.html
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

did you try mt. view sports........ I know 6'th ave outfitters has them, might be factory seconds.
      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

If you can find the Codet pants made in Canada they are heavy weight and good quality and should be under 100 bucks(maybe 80ish on sale). I like them better than Filson or Woolrich which are more than double the price.

Comment

I think I saw some nice wool stuffs in Cabella's bargain basement. Also, did you check Army/Navy...???
          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Ya army navy didn't have anything. Cabelas? Didn't think they were open

Sent while partying

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
              Ya army navy didn't have anything. Cabelas? Didn't think they were open

Sent while partying

Sorry, I meant to say online....

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
                Went to a few stores in town and couldn't find much for thick wool pants. Does any one know where they are hiding at? Want to get a pair for underneath the snowmachine bibs

Sent while partying

I quit wearing bibs most the time. Too heavy and hard to move in. Wool is great, just not my thing. I overheat fast even in extreme cold and I hate sweating under heavy gear. I just started using a good quality base layer, then a pair medium weight rei fleece pants, secured/ bottoms tucked in by heavy duty knee high socks then I put my boots on and wear a pair of water/ wind proof rei shell pants. Pretty much duplicate the same up top. I Can ride all day in -20 temps and stay warm, comfortable and dry. I use rei becuz it's really much cheaper than other top selling brands and from what I can see and as hard as I use it, it holds up **** good. Just giving up suggestions. Hope you find what you want!
                sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Yeah i guess I just need a good mid layer thing. I rock smart wool so base is good

Sent while partying

Comment

I use these guys... they are super soft and very warm. I only use them from about late November till Breakup down here on the coast otherwise they are too warm. They are great under Grunden bibs on the boat too!

http://www.ccsutlery.com/store/produ...utmk=266761102

Mountaintrekker

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaintrekker View Post
                      I use these guys... they are super soft and very warm. I only use them from about late November till Breakup down here on the coast otherwise they are too warm. They are great under Grunden bibs on the boat too!

http://www.ccsutlery.com/store/produ...utmk=266761102

Mountaintrekker
                      I guess you're SOL if you're not 36"x36". I'm not quite that big.......lol

Comment

I don't wear wool

Comment

Never had a problem will mil-sup
                          Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Thanks for that site, Mtntrekker. Real wool garments made in USA for cheaper than a used Filson on e-bay. Awesome!

Comment

Don't really know why you'd wear bibs over heavy wool pants. Anyhow, I've been running ll bean wool for a few years now. Their guide wool pants have a wind shield type material. They are uninsulated so you can layer, but the wind breaker is a must for machining. Lately, I've been wearing them with no underwear! Too warm round here, especially running the dog sled. the jacket has a touch of primaloft insulation. both are very heavy material, should last 15 years or more:
                              http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64239...ductId=1068446
                              www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
                              sigpic
                              matnaggewinu

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X