Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Louise Camp Ground closed over abuse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post

This is why we have "Government"............This is what we pay for directly or indirectly.
    Do we? If so, why are we forced to rely on volunteers from Outside because we won't fund paid campground attendant positions? There's a term for what you're espousing: "unfunded mandate".
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
      Do we? If so, why are we forced to rely on volunteers from Outside because we won't fund paid campground attendant positions? There's a term for what you're espousing: "unfunded mandate".
      "WRONG"..........What I am advocating is government get the hell out of private business. Sell or long term lease the existing campgrounds. As I pointed to in above post, Hope. Alaska has the ability to manage campgrounds. As do residents throughout Alaska have those same skills. If the state wants to remain in the campground business.....it needs to restructure management of the department.

Alaska can't even manage the "Public Outhouses on the Road System". How hard is that job.......???

Alaska is evolving into a failed state. And the future looks horrific.
      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post

"WRONG"..........What I am advocating is government get the hell out of private business. Sell or long term lease the existing campgrounds. As I pointed to in above post, Hope. Alaska has the ability to manage campgrounds. As do residents throughout Alaska have those same skills. If the state wants to remain in the campground business.....it needs to restructure management of the department.

Alaska can't even manage the "Public Outhouses on the Road System". How hard is that job.......???

Alaska is evolving into a failed state. And the future looks horrific.
        So, two issues there. First is alleged lousy management of our campground/wayside system. Again, maybe, maybe not. Is the program sufficiently funded to accomplish what we desire? If not, why not? Second; what do you mean "get out of private business? Our public campgrounds are not a private business, nor should they be. When's the last time privatization of a public resource resulted in a savings to the public, without a loss of access to the formerly public resource?

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

People should (SHOULD) take personal responsibility, they should (SHOULD) care for their property (public property being their property), people shouldn't (SHOULDN'T) rely on government to do everything for them. If the trash is full in your house do you take it out or pile it up next to the can and hope your local government comes and takes care of it? People need to take personal responsibility for their actions, unfortunately we are at a point in our society where people demand government do every little thing for them instead of doing basic things for themselves...like taking out the trash.

Did the local government fail in this case, possibly. Did those who dumped their trash in hopes that some one else would take care of it fail in this case, absolutely. I was taught that if you make a mess you clean it up, years of government dependency has brought us to a point where we can't even clean up after ourselves. Pathetic.
          I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
            If the trash is full in your house do you take it out or pile it up next to the can and hope your local government comes and takes care of it?
            I highly doubt such mindless dirtbags give a flip if it gets picked up, or not.

Comment

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
              Stayed a night there mid-June, it wasn't that bad.....campground was packed, trash cans full but not overflowing (we packed our garbage out), toilets locked. Musta been some real hooligans came through since then....
              Locals were doing regular cleaning. State should have barricaded the entrance if there was to be no host or law enforcement presence. Pretty sad people couldn't follow your lead and pack the trash out.
              sigpic

Heavy Hitter Fishing
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Comment

thats what happens when you open the doors to city folk...

It has nothing to do with the govt. other than they are worthless in all capacities at everything they try to manage

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                  Seriously? You're seriously saying that it's the government's fault that a bunch of sucky asshats repeatedly trashed a campground? The government should have to follow deplorable slobs around everywhere they go to ensure they don't trash the place? Did you type that with a straight face?
                  It's not too often that I have agree with IOTT, but I had to laugh at this post. In all honesty, we can't really be naive enough to believe it's the job of the government to educate idiots not to be idiots. First and foremost that should be the job of parents. But since some parents just can't be parents, we as a society need to police each other. And I personally don't think it's reasonable to expect that the government is going to fully be able to fund every and all of the parks adequately while we continue to face deficits in the state budget. So unless we can get our fiscal house in order, it should everyone's job to police each other, teach each other, hold each other accountable, and last but not least act like adults and be responsible for our own actions. But it is sad we have to put up with that BS.

Comment

Would a voluntary - unpaid camp host system work? I would love to do a week or so free camping in exchange for camp host responsibilities. I think there would be plenty of Alaskans who would do the same. I'm sure there would be some coverage gaps, but I bet the majority of the camping season would be covered by volunteers. I agree with both the azzhats, and failed polices that we end users are left to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by outaMT View Post
                      Would a voluntary - unpaid camp host system work? I would love to do a week or so free camping in exchange for camp host responsibilities. I think there would be plenty of Alaskans who would do the same. I'm sure there would be some coverage gaps, but I bet the majority of the camping season would be covered by volunteers. I agree with both the azzhats, and failed polices that we end users are left to deal with.
                      One week schedules wouldn't work for many reasons
                      1) the hosts could be completely useless and never do anything other than use the camp
                      2) campers could easily over stay their welcome (I believe 5 day limit?) as hosts change shift

Those are only the first two that came to mind. Being a host is work. you need to live by the rules and make sure everyone else does too or they will take advantage of your kindness and the next thing you know you have a homeless camp or meth heads tweeking all over the place...

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X