wintertent stakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wintertent stakes

looking for new ideas for our interior frozen hard rocky ground with light super dry snow in winter. Dead mans not much good.

9" or 10" or 12" Steel Nails
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Yep, big spikes (nails), pieces of rebar or military arctic tent stakes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l225[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	2497158Ive used all of the above and also these framing construction spikes if weights not an issue, they come 3/4" X 18

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkranch View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]91481[/ATTACH]Ive used all of the above and also these framing construction spikes if weights not an issue, they come 3/4" X 18
          Round Form Stakes like those are mighty expensive to use as something that you might not be able to free from the frozen ground until spring. Just saying.

Comment

If you look online at home depot, they're under $6 for a 36"er that can be cut into 3 stakes. nail spikes and rebar worked for me but get pretty bent up. Military tent stakes are stout and work good but I have a $1200 tipi/stove that I use a little longer stake so I don't worry that I walk into camp on a windy night and find it in a torn/twisted mess. I have access to a forge so the ends can be bent L shape to get some leverage on. BODAK could spend a few bucks and test it in his front yard while the grounds frozen.

Comment

What do you have for a tipi BHR? I've been thinking of getting or making a lightweight one for a backcountry hunting camp. I can cut spruce poles on site. The missus has a canvas tipi and that is definitely not something I want to try hauling out to hunting camp.

Comment

Kifaru 12 man

Comment

I set up my tent on a pond or swamp that is solid ice. Use eyed lag bolts...pound em in the stick a screwdriver through the eye and twist on in. Use some for my plane too. They work great.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
                  14 Days to Alaska
                  Also available on Kindle and Nook

Comment

Anyone try using lags and a impact driver? Id like to use my tipi for ice fishing

thanks

Comment

I would think ice screws like the ones that came with my eskimo ice shelter would work pretty good.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X