No announcement yet.

BRWNBR 2016 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a very old bear, I would have guessed 5 or 6.

My season up north is concluded now. We had 9 hunts so far and 7 of them were successful. Two spring grizzly hunts didn't pan out like we had hoped. Both clients saw a bear but not in a position or place that we could get on them. I'm gearing up to head to Kodiak for some deer and a couple brown bear hunters as well.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Comment

Let me know when you head this way. I'm heading into South Road System for my goat tomorrow after work, should be back before the weather hits Sat night. Think the longbow will stay home this trip, haven't killed one in a few years.
      Life's too short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
      Kodiak, AK
      www.alaska-fish.com
      https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Comment

I'll be down around the 22nd or so. Will be on the rock till thanksgiving! We need to meet up and let you buy me a coke!
        Master guide 212

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
          I'll be down around the 22nd or so. Will be on the rock till thanksgiving! We need to meet up and let you buy me a coke!
          Hey man, sounds good to me.

Blaze N Abel Charters
          Kodiak, AK
          www.alaska-fish.com

Comment

First deer hunt is wrapped up. Grass is really tall and deer sightings not as common as I had hoped. Warm temperatures and the ruts not rolling very well yet. We did tag our four bucks with this father son hunt!

Master guide 212

Comment

Excellent deer, Master Guide! 👍
              Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Nice man. Ya, they're just starting to rut up here on the road system as of Weds night I noticed. Put a kid that works with me on his first, a nice 4x. Hope you get those boys out today for some buts.

Blaze N Abel Charters
                Kodiak, AK
                www.alaska-fish.com

Comment

Another father son deer hunt is done. Some great guys from Texas just recently started creating some hunting memories together and are relatively new to hunting. We had a great time chasing deer around. Both tagged their two bucks, however my phone was dead and couldn't take pictures of either of the dads deer!
                  Here's the boys deer. One more deer hunt and my 2016 season will be wrapped up!

Deer number two was a bruiser. Easily two years older than the majority. Bad teeth, spread and mass all the way to the tips!

Master guide 212

Comment

Any bears with John?

Blaze N Abel Charters
                    Kodiak, AK
                    www.alaska-fish.com

Comment

One tag saw a handful but nothing worth shooting. Passed on a few puppies.
                      Master guide 212

Comment

Well season is over. Bittersweet. The year went well. Special thanks to all the clients, pilots and folks I work with to pull off a logistical nighmare like this!!
                        Here's the last couple deer of the season.

Master guide 212

Comment

To summarize the year. I ended with 7 brown/grizzly bears being shot, 1 dall sheep and 11 deer. Only had two clients not punch tags this year. Both saw bears but were unable to get a shot at them. I wanted to post my season here and see how it went. Keeping folks up to speed on how things have been going. I hope the ones that have followed along have enjoyed the brief updates. I hope to start my 2017 thread again in April! Have a great winter everyone.
                          Master guide 212

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X