Kenai River Guide Recommendation for Silvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenai River Guide Recommendation for Silvers

I was hoping to get my 11 year old son out on the Kenai for some Silver action last week of August/first week of September. I have personally fished the lower river during previous trips as well as the Kasilof. However this trip I would like to explore the middle river above the bridge. I have never fished it and thought this might be a good time to do so. Can anyone recommend a guide that specializes or is very comfortable fishing this part of the river for Silvers? The request may be a little too specific but I thought if anyone would know the answer it would be someone from this group I would really like to make this a trip to remember for my son and get him "hooked" on fishing. Thanks!

Steve McClure is one of the best for Silvers in the Middle. His handle is Iceblue on this forum. McClure's Guide Service. He is probably the only guide I see late into the year. He doesn't like to be low holed though. Lol.

Comment

I was just about to recommend Steve. If you want a seriously incredible silver trip, try the first week of October with him. Steve is very knowledgeable on the river, will get you on fish, and will work harder than any guide I've used anywhere. You'll have an awesome trip with your boy. I first fished with Steve when I was your son's age, and can assure you he is great with helping kids learn how to fish and won't get exasperated by him.

Comment

Thanks guys! I knew this was the place to ask I will try and touch base with Steve to see if he has any open dates while we are up there.

Comment

Here's his number(907) 252-5842

Comment

Try Mark Glassmaker too, not sure if he's booked up already but he lives on that part of the river, literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another recommendation for Steve, He's catching salmon when no one else in the river is plus hes just a really cool fun guy to fish with

Comment

Hey, I know you
                brad g.
                So Cal, USA
                Visit my Sporting Clays website
                http://www.ysr-racer.com

Comment

Try Fenton Brother's. They are good with silver and rainbow's this time go the year. 262-2502.
                  Anchorage Ak

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X