Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	2514877Click image for larger version

Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	2514878Having way to much fun aboard the F/V Huntress this week😄.. Found some new spots! whether giving us a break and we can't keep em off the line, hearing a lot of people *****ing about small fish.. We're not having that issue😎. But we're also fishing different area!! Get off the couch and get out here! Gotta write em down in 3 days! Good luck

Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	2495849Caught these this am "Easter Sunday" on a solo mission in about 15 mins of fishing, small one came from next to the Jack up Rigg and the big one came from 12 yards off the beach right in front of the hot tub at lands end resort .. F/V Huntress👍🏻
    Attached Files

Comment

Josh you are an animal! Nuff said!

Comment

Nemo, I heard you only run 3 rods even with 4 or more clients, is that true? Awesome results! You consistently find fish when others seeing smaller fish.

Comment

Originally posted by yukon View Post
          Nemo, I heard you only run 3 rods even with 4 or more clients, is that true? Awesome results! You consistently find fish when others seeing smaller fish.
          Yukon! We ran 3 rods for 10 years, allowed us to turn tight and fish up against rocks and in channels and not have to worrie about tangles.. However we did get a few complaints .... As most operators will if enough time spent guiding, that they wish we ran more rods, so two seasons ago now I out fitted my boat with a pair of 18 foot schedule 80 3 inch aluminum out riggers and that allowed us to pull up to 7 if I wanted to but we pull 5 comfortably , we went from having a 15 foot wide spread to now a 43 foot wide spread and my gear is far enough a part that I can still spin on a dime and not tangle everything up , it's also nice when fishing up against cliffs to be able to reach a set up right up next to rocks and be able to keep boat out and away a bit, some of our kings are 2 feet off the bank👍🏻 good luck

Comment

Originally posted by yukon View Post

Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	2495855so here is a couple shots with arms up all look for some action shots.
            Attached Files

Comment

This will show 5 line operation on process

Comment

Awesome video, thanks for sharing! I didn't realize those were outriggers, i thought they were stabilizer poles. Impressive. Looks like you have it dialed in!

Comment

I have to deliver some downrigger balls to Homer tomorrow.
                  While I'm down there I 'll be out on the Sweet T with captain Ron Hurley.
                  Most likely see you on the water Josh.
                  Hopefully the weather and the fish cooperate.
                  "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

It is good to hear Ron is getting new balls! Are they bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by MGH55 View Post
                      Yup!
                      Going from 10 pounders to 12 pounders!
                      I think he is hoping for a bit less blowback.
                      With the 10% guides discount the price isn't bad either.

Comment

I sure wish there was a like tab on here like on Face Book
                        [
                        QUOTE=MGH55;1533446]It is good to hear Ron is getting new balls! Are they bigger?[/QUOTE]
                        sigpic
                        Sweepint
                        Wasilla,
                        '' Livn' The Dream ''
                        26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Comment

Originally posted by sweepint View Post
                          Originally posted by MGH55 View Post
                          There is it's the little star at the bottom under a posters name.

Comment

Originally posted by sweepint View Post
                            [
                            QUOTE=MGH55;1533446]It is good to hear Ron is getting new balls! Are they bigger?
                            [/QUOTE]
                            I know you can get rep points, I've received but dont know how to actually give them myself.

Always wondered that myself. I also belong to Washington fly fishing forum and we have that. Also get alerts to new post from ones you started or responsed to. Maybe that is a suggestion to give Michael?

Comment

Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	2495867Season over!!! Best winter season we have ever had!! Zero injuries, Zero break downs, and far as we know, no complaints 👍🏻 Will be back in May to run a handful of halibut trips but already can't wait for our next winter season!! Be safe out there and don't forget to write your kings down now! Cheers
                              Attached Files

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X