Back n Black update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gutleap View Post
    After seeing some of the photos of the king salmon caught aboard the Huntress, I decided to fly down to Homer from Fairbanks and spend some time out on the water.

Enjoyed a fun day on the water aboard the F/V Huntress out of Homer. Captain Josh put us on the kings right away. The first line in the water had a king on within a few minutes. The weather pushed us off the hot spot after awhile but the day was still productive. Kings and halibut were in the fish box as we wound the day up. What is so enjoyable about this time of year in Homer is no crowds. All the hotels have winter rates. Would highly recommend anyone wanting some kings, hook up with Josh on the Huntress. His website is: http://www.brooksakadventures.com/index.html I am going to do another trip down to Homer in the next couple of weeks.

Very Nice indeed! :topjob:
    sigpic
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

Well we fumbled threw the day and found a dozen for these Happy hookers on the Huntress yesterday..Remember!! Keep it tight, but don't horse em:topjob:cheers

Comment

A great place to keep you boat is at Katchemak boat yard. I have my boat there if you need any info pm me. Then you can kill kings all winter long!

Comment

stumbled into another dozen for these folks today!!! one thing that set this day aside from all the others is we went 12 for 12!!! never lost a salmon!! almost never happens on my boat!! these fish were grabbing it and holding on!! had some young kids on board today and they both caught the biggest fish of there life"s !!!! So far!!! F/V Huntress!! Cheers!!

Comment

Highlights from today's adventure!! there were ups and downs but in the end were brought 9 to town!! Hey.... that rhymes:shot: F/V Huntress

Comment

Great lill trip for these fellas yesterday on the Huntress!! 2 different sets of doubles and 1 triple filled the box up quick!! :shot: See ya on the water...

Comment

Good job Capt. Gotta love the triples!!! I had a great year, a little smaller average size but consistent, lucky to spend my summers there.:topjob:Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3965.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	2493121
                Redleader standing by

Comment

Fished Monday of this week, left the harbor at 11, had the gear put away by 1!
                  Which boat is yours Redleader? I'm thinking I walk past it on the way to mine judging by your background scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesjq View Post
                    Which boat is yours Redleader? I'm thinking I walk past it on the way to mine judging by your background scenery.
                    Lookin good brother!!! Yeeeeehaaaaaww!!

Comment

Thats getting it done, love the fast King action!!!
                      My slip is L-4, I was on my good buddy Leroy's boat "Rough and Tumble" that day.
                      Nice fillet table.. I might need to copy it on my new boat!!
                      Redleader standing by

Comment

Very nice! I'll try tomorrow...I think. Hopefully the roads cooperate. Much scarier than the water!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
                        Guidesak.blogspot.com
                        My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Comment

Nice job, what a haul!

Comment

New toy to try out next week!

Comment

New toy to try out next week!
                              Nice!! Can't wait to see the results!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
                              Guidesak.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
                                Nice!! Can't wait to see the results!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
                                Guidesak.blogspot.com
                                Jamie!! We have been using our troll pro for a few years now!! Its a blast, It has been in ling cods mouth's, halibut have grabbed it and shaken it!! salmon will come up a nose the red beeping light from the go-pro!! Its a blast, im just waiting to get a salmon shark to bite it well i have it inline with the gear so we can ride along on the fight!! I have shark strikes on camera but only them pulling bait outa clip.. You will want to bring your PC along to upload your footage at sea other wise you will have to wait till you get home as the go-pro will not blue tooth to your Iphone threw water.. I have mine set to ether ride inline on a down rigger ball or ride in between the leader and the main line when using heavy gear for sharks and halibut!! you will find once you drop bellow 15 fathoms even on sunny days you will start to loose viz.. Be stoked to see some of you footy!! Cheers

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X