Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Kodiak Is. Big Game Transporters

Hi All,

Me and five (5) buddies are seriously considering a trip to Kodiak Island in 2016 to hunt Sitka Blacktail. We would like to hire a Big Game Transporter to use their boat as a floating camp for the week.

Does anybody have an recommendations for us? If you have personal experience with your recommendation that would be even better.

We welcome all suggestions about the transporter, and anything else you can offer regarding this trip.

We thank you in advance.

Happy Holidays!!!

Give Eric Stirrup a call on the MV/TenBears. Top notch. I have hunted with him for almost 25 years.

Comment

Chaco on the Three Bears if you want to stay on the boat. Jeff (Kodiak Combos) down in old harbor has a great operation going as well with drop hunts, he's know for occasionally catching a king or 2 as well
      Life's too short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
      Kodiak, AK
      www.alaska-fish.com
      https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by C-185 View Post
        Give Eric Stirrup a call on the MV/TenBears. Top notch. I have hunted with him for almost 25 years.
        Thank you for responding. I googled and found him. But, his website doesn't mention hunting of have any hunting pics. Is there another hunting website?

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
          Chaco on the Three Bears if you want to stay on the boat. Jeff (Kodiak Combos) down in old harbor has a great operation going as well with drop hunts, he's know for occasionally catching a king or 2 as well

Thank you for responding.

I googled him and found a Pristine Charters. Unfortunately his website appears to no longer be active.

Comment

We are having another mild winter(great for having an over population problem) So its looking great for deer hunting next season. Prices on the website are posted, but we offer specials to fill dates or market at our trade shows. This years special "show"is going to be $3500 per person for a 5 day trip fishing hunting with all meals, lodging, processing and tackle raingear. You are staying at a lodge in Old Harbor and boating out everyday and returning every evening to hot showers and meals. A group discount would apply in addition to the show special, call for that number 907-286-2252
            Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
            www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

Originally posted by KodiaKid View Post
              Thank you for responding.

I googled him and found a Pristine Charters. Unfortunately his website appears to no longer be active.
              Just talked to him, he's still at it, just needs to update site. 907-486-3474.
              Life's too short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
              Kodiak, AK
              www.alaska-fish.com
              https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Comment

Wilderness beach lodge.......hunt off of the Venturess..... http://www.premiersportfishing.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Couple others to check out are Kodiak charters out of Larsen Bay (http://kodiak-charters.com/) and Zachar Bay lodge (www.zacharbaylodge.com)

Comment

Originally posted by C-185 View Post
                    I contacted Eric. He no longer offers the service as a big game transporter. 😕 Would you have any other suggestions?

Comment

For a boat based hunt Chaco is your best bet like Abel said. The Three Bears is a big comfortable boat and Chaco knows the Island well.
                      Kodiak Island Adventures
                      907-539-6474
                      Shearwater 38' Allen Marine Catamaran
                      Lana J 40' USCG inspected

Comment

I just left him a voice mail. We'll see what happens.

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Second for Travis on the Venturess.
                          Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
                          http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

http://www.wildernessbeachlodge.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you aren't married to the idea if a boat based hunt, try Spirit if Alaska wilderness adventures. Steele Davis is the owner and licensed transporter. Located just outside Larsen Bay in Uyak bay. You bring your own food and stay in a 4 bedroom cabin with lots of room (The bunkhouse). He takes you out and picks you up every day. These are 7 day hunts with goat hunting as a bonus. Rates are reasonable and we've had good success there. He has a nice butcher room to process your harvest and hang meat. He even gives discounts to school age kids making good grades. We've used Seahawk Air to get there and back from Kodiak. Good luck!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X