AOD covid count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOD covid count

I would be interested to hear from people that have actually had covid, how did you fare?
    "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
    I would be interested to hear from people that have actually had covid, how did you fare?
    Hint: The deceased aren't going to respond, so any results, however anecdotal, will be just a little skewed.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Diagnosed in March/April...Asymptomatic. First swab was positive, second swab 3 days later showed negative. Blood work showed I had the antibodies. Could have been the yearly cold/flu corona, but treated as COVID. No money in the regular corona I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by outaMT View Post
        Diagnosed in March/April...Asymptomatic. First swab was positive, second swab 3 days later showed negative. Blood work showed I had the antibodies. Could have been the yearly cold/flu corona, but treated as COVID. No money in the regular corona I guess.
        What was your diet during this period. Once I had dengue fever which is also a viral disease. I increased my daily intake of fluids to beat the symptoms.

Comment

Tested positive at the end of July, "cleared" on 8/8. Only had 1 day that felt really rough while I was sick, and spent 10 days where walking up a flight of stairs left me gasping for air and needing to lay down for an hour or two. But I had majorly decreased energy levels that didn't recover until about Christmas. I also had a shingles outbreak in November (I'm early 30s) that my Drs believe was related to COVID-19 weakening my immune system. My cardio stamina is still pretty far behind where it was pre-COVID.
          So, in the actively sick period I thought it wasn't that big of deal in my case for the most part, but in retrospect, the cumulative impact was pretty substantial.

Comment

Got sick middle of January 2020. By the beginning of February I was really sick and hit the emergency room. They said I had the bad flu that was going around, this before they said it was even in Canada. All kinds of symptoms. about 75% of the list.
            Got even sicker 1st week of March. Back to emergency room, Dr's thought I was having congestive heart failure (I wasn't). Continued to be quite ill until the end of June. That is when my 5 month long chest pains ended, by August I could breathe better but was still very fatigued.
            October relapsed and had trouble walking because of knee pain, SOB etc. That lasted until Christmas. SOB remains but is slowly getting better.
            I'm one of those Long-Haulers that get to deal with this for way too long. I'm sure this thing has shortened my life by 10 years.
            sigpic
            www.arcticangler.ca
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

over 99% survival rate, unless you're elderly I wouldn't worry about it

And yes, I've had it, elderly mother had it, siblings and nephews had it and all are doing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

And yes, I've had it, elderly mother had it, siblings and nephews had it and all are doing fine
                Not all of us are ready to just say "**** our elders and those with other medical conditions" quite yet. Some of us actually care about people around us. Some of us understand that survival is not the only issue with this virus, knowing that a lot of people who have had it still have long-lasting effects from it even thought they may have "survived" it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

It killed my healthy uncle.
                  Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post

Not all of us are ready to just say "**** our elders and those with other medical conditions" quite yet. Some of us actually care about people around us. Some of us understand that survival is not the only issue with this virus, knowing that a lot of people who have had it still have long-lasting effects from it even thought they may have "survived" it.

Failed to give a poll reply but didn't fail to engage in virtue shaming. Thank you for participating.

I had a cold for most of October, was tested twice for COVID and came back negative. A couple weeks later my son had a cold and his workplace told him to get tested. Wife took him in and they both tested positive. I went in and tested positive. No overt symptoms beyond a persistent cold. Wife never displayed any symptoms.

Comment

Almost 100% non-symptomatic, had a single day with a mild headache and fever, and slightly muted taste. The muted taste allowed me to finish off all the whiskey I had that I didn't like. The wife had a little more rough, nothing more than mild flu for her with a cough.

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post

At risk people can choose to wear a mask and keep their distance, IT'S THEIR CHOICE based on THEIR needs and or fears.

I know at least a dozen people, including myself, who have had it and all are doing just fine now. They range in age from early teens to 77. The 77 year old has many other issues but she made it just fine. Granted fewer than 1% will survive this and thats terrible but not anything for me to take issue with

Comment

Mt daughter in-laws assistant is a US Army Captain, has both Ranger and Green Beret tabs, is 35 years old, has no health issues whatsoever, is built like a brick $#%^house, and climbs mountains for fun (summitted Everest a few times). He got COVID, it destroyed his lungs, and is now on the lung transplant list. Yeah, COVID is a hoax.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
                            Mt daughter in-laws assistant is a US Army Captain, has both Ranger and Green Beret tabs, is 35 years old, has no health issues whatsoever, is built like a brick $#%^house, and climbs mountains for fun (summitted Everest a few times). He got COVID, it destroyed his lungs, and is now on the lung transplant list. Yeah, COVID is a hoax.
                            Sorry to hear this. It's is weird how so many people just blow this off. Wear a mask if you're scared. Well the mask is to protect others, not so much yourself. But the boneheads just can't grasp this simple idea. It's over their tiny heads.
                            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
                              Who said it was a hoax????

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X