Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
    Just for info here is the Media Bias Check for American Thinker
    Let's see, Extreme Right Bias ranking, coupled with LOW Factual Reporting ranking, leading to a Questionable Ranking
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/
    Yeah, sure, I believe everything I read there.

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE
    A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
    • Overall, we rate the American Thinker, Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources, and several failed fact checks.

So they sometimes favor one side and sometimes publish questionable items. I trust you realize that every one of the media publishers does that, including all the names you know and a whole lot more you have never seen.

"I reject your argument and citation because some fellow with an internet site says the place that published it it may disagree with me" is hardly the basis of a sincere discussion.

The article cited makes some interesting observations about masks and violence.

A while back the Bank had signs about Do Not wear hats and sunglasses in our lobby, now they require masks, in a bank. What would Willie Sutton think?

Comment

If you want to make an important health decision based on information taken from a website/source that is identified as Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources, and several failed fact checks, feel free to do so. Myself, my bar is set a little higher than that for important health decisions. Know where your information is coming from is the ENTIRE point of my post.

Originally posted by Tee Jay View Post

So they sometimes favor one side and sometimes publish questionable items. I trust you realize that every one of the media publishers does that, including all the names you know and a whole lot more you have never seen.

"I reject your argument and citation because some fellow with an internet site says the place that published it it may disagree with me" is hardly the basis of a sincere discussion.

The article cited makes some interesting observations about masks and violence.

A while back the Bank had signs about Do Not wear hats and sunglasses in our lobby, now they require masks, in a bank. What would Willie Sutton think?

Comment

As an example, this is the stuff I read to get information to make important health decisions. New England Journal of Medicine-It's rated "Very High" in factual reporting. But that's just me.
        https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-e...medicine-nejm/

PRO-SCIENCE

These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
        • Overall, we rate the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) a Pro-Science source as they hold the number one impact rating in the world and frequently publish peer-reviewed research.

Comment

If you want to make an important health decision based on information taken from a website/source that is identified as Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources, and several failed fact checks, feel free to do so. Myself, my bar is set a little higher than that for important health decisions. Know where your information is coming from is the ENTIRE point of my post.
          From the article which you did not read

"Wearing masks can create a sense of anonymity for an aggressor, while also dehumanizing the victim. This prevents empathy, empowering violence, and murder. "

It goes on to discuss the relationships between masks and violence. Nothing of consequence about your health. Unless you happen to be a kidnap victim, which is not germane to this discussion. But you really ought to read it. You may disagree, but it raises some intriguing points.

You may want to check the number of retracted articles on you trusted source. They may be fine on the common cold, but seem to have edit integrity issues on Covid.

Comment

I did read it. Long before it was posted here. Even said that in an earlier post. Misinformation from you, like usual. You can post any opinion you'd like here. I can post any opinion I'd like here. If you trust the health information you get from American Thinker over NEJM, go for it. I sure don't. Know about your information source before making an important health decision, that's the important and only point I'm making. Don't twist that into whatever misinformation you like.

From the article which you did not read

"Wearing masks can create a sense of anonymity for an aggressor, while also dehumanizing the victim. This prevents empathy, empowering violence, and murder. "

It goes on to discuss the relationships between masks and violence. Nothing of consequence about your health. Unless you happen to be a kidnap victim, which is not germane to this discussion. But you really ought to read it. You may disagree, but it raises some intriguing points.

You may want to check the number of retracted articles on you trusted source. They may be fine on the common cold, but seem to have edit integrity issues on Covid.
            Last edited by NorcalBob; 1 week ago.

Comment

Thus a new study was born: The Sociopolitical Effects of Force Feeding Facts to Denialist Trolls vs. Locking Them Outside to Freeze to Death
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                Thus a new study was born: The Sociopolitical Effects of Force Feeding Facts to Denialist Trolls vs. Locking Them Outside to Freeze to Death
                STOP IT YOUR KILLING ME! lol

Comment

I did read it. Long before it was posted here. Even said that in an earlier post. Misinformation from you, like usual. You can post any opinion you'd like here. I can post any opinion I'd like here. If you trust the health information you get from American Thinker over NEJM, go for it. I sure don't. Know about your information source before making an important health decision, that's the important and only point I'm making. Don't twist that into whatever misinformation you like.
                  It is indeed interesting how some commenters on this site seem focused on tooting their own horn (I'm smarter than everyone else, have better sources, did it first, etc.) rather than actually addressing the issue at hand. Case in point--"health information" coming from American Thinker over NEJM? The AT article was offered as an interesting perspective/indication of second and third order effects relating to the OP's question as to whether mitigation is working--not a "health information."

The bottom line is this: The lady doth protest too much, methinks (to coin a phrase...).
                  Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Seems that Governor Cuomo of NY did a 180 today on lock downs and basically agreed with Trumps opinion on shutting down businesses.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
                      Seems that Governor Cuomo of NY did a 180 today on lock downs and basically agreed with Trumps opinion on shutting down businesses.

Uh, just for clarity in these troubled times, does that mean Trump did something bad or good? Cuomo has been all good, so what happened?

Comment

Uh, just for clarity in these troubled times, does that mean Trump did something bad or good? Cuomo has been all good, so what happened?
                        Cuomo put covid positive people into old folks homes and killed a lot of senior citizens.
                        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Cuomo realized that business were dying because of his restrictions. So many people are leaving the state he even said he might have to raise taxes again. So he is backing off.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                          Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                          Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Folks, this thread is running pretty close to our ban on political discussions and personal attacks. Can we steer it back onto the road?
                            Michael Strahan
                            Site Owner
                            Alaska Hunt Consultant
                            1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Interesting study by AK Dept of Public Health on mask mandates and how transmission rates dropped 60%. It also stated that 92% wear masks, a significant increase since mid-year.

Not that our resident Typhoid Mary wannabes and those who encourage that behavior care. They are still fixated on making sure they contribute to the death and misery of as many Americans as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeser View Post
                                Interesting study by AK Dept of Public Health on mask mandates and how transmission rates dropped 60%. It also stated that 92% wear masks, a significant increase since mid-year.

Not that our resident Typhoid Mary wannabes and those who encourage that behavior care. They are still fixated on making sure they contribute to the death and misery of as many Americans as possible.
                                But By Gawd they are Americans!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X