No announcement yet.

Allergic reaction to Pfizer Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first vaccine this morning, along with a couple hundred other folks. No issues whatsoever. And not a single idiot anti-vaxxer troll in sight.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

• Originally posted by Chez View Post

LOL, your worried how people look at you LOL...
      Best thing about wearing a mask is it hides the ugly!

Comment

• Been hearing several reports about Bell's Palsy and/or Herpes appearing some days after the shot. The medical types say it can happen. No evidence to firmly connect one event to the other, and no evidence to repudiate. Anyone else hearing anything about any issues?

Comment

• Don't rely on rumors posted on outdoors sites. Get real data here:
          https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

Originally posted by Tee Jay View Post
          Been hearing several reports about Bell's Palsy and/or Herpes appearing some days after the shot. The medical types say it can happen. No evidence to firmly connect one event to the other, and no evidence to repudiate. Anyone else hearing anything about any issues?

Comment

• It is not a rumor, and I did not hear it on the interwebs. Several reports from friends and family, all first person. No one is asserting either causality or coincidence. I ask the question to learn if anyone else had heard or experienced similar things. Anecdotal evidence may not be peer reviewed and government approved, but it can suggest areas worthy of more research.

Comment

• VAERS incudes anecdotal evidence from Joe Average Citizen (any one can make a report), and also from licensed health care professionals who are required by law to report adverse vaccine reactions, whether they are coincidental or caused. If you want information about adverse reactions to ANY vaccine, it's the place to search.
              In my view, EVERYTHING on the interwebs is a rumor until confirmed by actual facts. But, that's just me. YMMV.

I posted this about VAERS earlier.
              Established in 1990, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) is a national early warning system to detect possible safety problems in U.S.-licensed vaccines. VAERS is co-managed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
              Reports of all possible associations between vaccines and adverse events (possible side effects) are filed in VAERS. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine.

What are healthcare providers required to report to VAERS?
              • Any adverse event listed in the VAERS Table of Reportable Events Following Vaccination that occurs within the specified time period after vaccination.
              • An adverse event listed by the vaccine manufacturer as a contraindication to further doses of the vaccine.

Healthcare providers are required by law to report any conditions on the RET to VAERS, and are strongly encouraged to report clinically significant or unexpected events following vaccination.

And to answer your question, with over 60,000,000 COVID doses administered to date, there have been 241 reported cases of facial paralysis (includes Bell's Palsy and others) and VAERS rejected my search for "herpes" because there are a bazillion different types of herpes and my data request was over the limit of searchable symptoms.

Originally posted by Tee Jay View Post
              It is not a rumor, and I did not hear it on the interwebs. Several reports from friends and family, all first person. No one is asserting either causality or coincidence. I ask the question to learn if anyone else had heard or experienced similar things. Anecdotal evidence may not be peer reviewed and government approved, but it can suggest areas worthy of more research.
              Last edited by NorcalBob; 02-26-2021, 07:33.

Comment

• "And not a single idiot anti-vaxxer troll in sight."

Klaus Schwab hates idiot anti-vaxxer trolls...but he love you! Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by anchskier View Post

Do you wear a seatbelt when in a car and still drive defensively? Same situation. The vaccine, like a seatbelt, will help protect you most of the time, but isn't a 100% foolproof cure. Most of us still "drive defensively" in order to protect for those other cases when we can. It also isn't known yet how well the vaccine protects us from spreading the virus, so continuing to wear a mask helps to reduce those chances until we know more about it.
                  Wearing a seatbelt protects ME, I will do whatever is necessary to protect ME

All these shots from different manufactures, none of them can be held accountable for any bad reactions or deaths, and absolutely NO proof that they work. They could be shooting you up with absolutely anything and get away with it, even plain ol water.

The "experts" said only 14 days to flatten the curve and over a year later the only things that have changed is what the "experts" say, public servants are gaining more power and our economy is quickly going down the toilet.

You want the vaccine, go for it but count me out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chez View Post
                    ... and absolutely NO proof that they work.
                    That is absolutely not true. You're welcome to your opinion on whether getting vaccinated is right for you, but as for whether the vaccines work, there most certainly is evidence that they work. There are still questions about how long they will work - whether boosters will be needed or if it's a one-and-done situation. There are also questions regarding how well they will protect against emerging variants that have evolved. But there most certainly is evidence that they work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Selfish *******
                      Professional drivers understand that a primary function of a seatbelt is to keep you properly positioned and oriented to the controls of your vehicle should a malfunction of your vehicle occur, thus providing you the best opportunity to retain or regain control of your vehicle in order to protect others from harm you could cause if you were to lose control of your vehicle. A secondary function of a seatbelt is to limit damage to you in the case you fail your obligation to maintain control of your vehicle and protect other people from incurring harm by you/your vehicle. This might make sense to any person who wasn't a selfish *******.
                      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

• Originally posted by Selfish *******
                        Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                        Professional drivers understand that a primary function of a seatbelt is to keep you properly positioned and oriented to the controls of your vehicle should a malfunction of your vehicle occur, thus providing you the best opportunity to retain or regain control of your vehicle in order to protect others from harm you could cause if you were to lose control of your vehicle. A secondary function of a seatbelt is to limit damage to you in the case you fail your obligation to maintain control of your vehicle and protect other people from incurring harm by you/your vehicle. This might make sense to any person who wasn't a selfish *******.
                        Continuing with the analogy floated by Selfish *******: The primary purpose of an individual vaccination during a pandemic is to gain "herd immunity" via mass vaccination of individuals . What this means to you as an individual is that once you become immunized you are no longer available to the virus as a host and vector of spread. (You are protecting others by becoming vccinated, much like you protect others by wearing a seat belt). What this means in terms of the pandemic is that once enough individual people (i.e. members of the "herd") are immunized the virus spread vector chain is disrupted; the virus no longer has a continuous chain of hosts available through which it can propagate and the virus dies out. So, "herd immunity" means once enough of the herd is immunized, the virus begins to die out and the pandemic is broken because a continuous chain of hosts is no longer available to propagate the virus. Thus, "herd immunity" is achieved and everyone is protected, in spite of a few Selfish *******'s who can't fathom anything beyond their own immediate self-interests and would propose that the only purpose for a vaccination is to immunize the individual, rather than protecting everybody:
                        Originally posted by Selfish *******
                        You want the vaccine, go for it but count me out!

Comment

• Chez, statements about 14 days to flatten the curve were rather theoretical based on how long it takes for the vaccine to provide some protection. The problem with the statement is that would only occur if everyone were vaccinated at the same time which is impossible, so a pretty false comment. Just food for thought- if you had a 70-80% chance of winning a huge lottery, would you buy a ticket? Reducing serious outcomes and death seems worth it to me. I agree there is a lot of propaganda, mixed messages, and some big screw ups happening but I personally feel vaccines will make a dramatic difference and hopefully let us get back to a more normal life.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
                            Chez, statements about 14 days to flatten the curve were rather theoretical based on how long it takes for the vaccine to provide some protection. The problem with the statement is that would only occur if everyone were vaccinated at the same time which is impossible, so a pretty false comment. Just food for thought- if you had a 70-80% chance of winning a huge lottery, would you buy a ticket? Reducing serious outcomes and death seems worth it to me. I agree there is a lot of propaganda, mixed messages, and some big screw ups happening but I personally feel vaccines will make a dramatic difference and hopefully let us get back to a more normal life.
                            Flatten the curve was March, vaccine was December.

Comment

• Tee Jay I have followed the virus from before it was covered by the US news. Your comment does not change what I was saying. Unless everyone is vaccinated within the same time frame- the time for ‘flattening’ will be prolonged. It is simple math and science.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKBEE View Post
                                Tee Jay I have followed the virus from before it was covered by the US news. Your comment does not change what I was saying. Unless everyone is vaccinated within the same time frame- the time for ‘flattening’ will be prolonged. It is simple math and science.
                                It has been a bit prolonged, and not much math or science was involved in the prolonging. Vaccinating everyone is not going to happen for a number of reasons, including politicians saying they don't trust the Trump vaccine, and the historical experience of certain groups, plus the self-beclowning of a good part of the public health establishment.

The vaccine will work for at least a few weeks, but there is no empirical data I have seen on how long immunity effects last. I would surmise it is a year or less, based on how often folks are infected with other coronaviruses, but it could be longer, data and funded studies to follow.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X