Allergic reaction to Pfizer Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
    Brian, thanks for the link. Really, really sad, and totally preventable with a simple shot. Those daily stats are morale crushers, and if you have a current positivity rate at 10% and it's growing, well, you pretty much have wide spread community transmission.
    Yep. Honestly, we're at the point where it's almost embarrassing when an adult contracts Covid-19. Apart from the small number of breakthrough cases, the only reason someone still catches this is willful ignorance.

On a bright note, it is expected that the Pfizer vaccine will be approved for administration to 12-15 year olds by next week. My oldest son is excited!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian M View Post

Yep. Honestly, we're at the point where it's almost embarrassing when an adult contracts Covid-19. Apart from the small number of breakthrough cases, the only reason someone still catches this is willful ignorance.

On a bright note, it is expected that the Pfizer vaccine will be approved for administration to 12-15 year olds by next week. My oldest son is excited!
      From the article "Ramirez said 70% of the Fairbanks hospital’s staff is vaccinated..." "Younger" is a pretty amorphous term, but how long have younger people been eligible for the vaccine? Is it reasonable to expect there to be a high vaccination rate on May 3? I don't know about Fairbanks, but a lot of places would not do "younger" folks into April, so the 3 week interval has not expired yet.

Comment

• Alaska was the first state to open vaccination to everyone over 16 years of age. That happened on 9 MAR. The vaccine has been widely available in AK for quite a while. The excuse isn't because "I can't get it", it's because "I don't want it".
        Originally posted by Tee Jay View Post

From the article "Ramirez said 70% of the Fairbanks hospital’s staff is vaccinated..." "Younger" is a pretty amorphous term, but how long have younger people been eligible for the vaccine? Is it reasonable to expect there to be a high vaccination rate on May 3? I don't know about Fairbanks, but a lot of places would not do "younger" folks into April, so the 3 week interval has not expired yet.

Comment

Alaska was the first state to open vaccination to everyone over 16 years of age. That happened on 9 MAR. The vaccine has been widely available in AK for quite a while. The excuse isn't because "I can't get it", it's because "I don't want it".
          OK, but about the 70% of the hospital staff. Is this unique to medical workers, or reflective of the population? No need to go into political issues or leanings as done previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tee Jay View Post

OK, but about the 70% of the hospital staff. Is this unique to medical workers, or reflective of the population? No need to go into political issues or leanings as done previously.
            Do you somehow think that medical workers are superior to non-medical workers? In my experience stupid transcends occupation. Those who are truly capable are easily less than 10% of any given population or occupation, there might be 20-30% who won't foul it up too bad, but the rest are clueless. And it doesn't matter your area of expertise.

Let's not forget that "medical workers" includes those who change bed pans, for those who don't know, a bed pan is the kind word for piss and poop bucket. It also includes people who change sheets at hospitals and old folk homes. "Medical worker" isn't analogous to doctor or nurse.
            I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Alaska was the first state to open vaccination to everyone over 16 years of age. That happened on 9 MAR. The vaccine has been widely available in AK for quite a while. The excuse isn't because "I can't get it", it's because "I don't want it".
              Only in your mind is it an excuse.
              "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

• No, the 70% is amongst medical staff, and that included everyone employed by the hospital. Medical staff were the very first vaxxed, with most everyone getting it in DEC. The general population of Fairbanks is not included within that 70%. Fairbanks has one of the lowest vax rates in the state, and the vax has been widely available to all for over a month. The people in Fairbanks are not getting vaxxed because they chose not to, and it ain't because they can't get it. That's a fact and is not political. The deniers are the ones who's made it political, not me, so don't go "twisting words" again. Please get yourself and your family vaxxed so we can stop this pandemic and all the harm its done to fellow Americans.

Comment

• If the "true" anti-vaxxers, the ones who have never received a vax, were the only segment of the population that were declining the vax, I would have no worries about the USA reaching herd immunity. Ain't that many of them. When anti-vax becomes a political party ideal, like it has now, and they're the ones not getting vaxxed, well "Houston, we have a problem".
                  [
                  Originally posted by Akgramps View Post

Only in your mind is it an excuse.

Comment

If the "true" anti-vaxxers, the ones who have never received a vax, were the only segment of the population that were declining the vax, I would have no worries about the USA reaching herd immunity. Ain't that many of them. When anti-vax becomes a political party ideal, like it has now, and they're the ones not getting vaxxed, well "Houston, we have a problem".
                    [
                    To speak for many, speaks volumes
                    "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

No, the 70% is amongst medical staff, and that included everyone employed by the hospital. Medical staff were the very first vaxxed, with most everyone getting it in DEC. The general population of Fairbanks is not included within that 70%. Fairbanks has one of the lowest vax rates in the state, and the vax has been widely available to all for over a month. The people in Fairbanks are not getting vaxxed because they chose not to, and it ain't because they can't get it. That's a fact and is not political. The deniers are the ones who's made it political, not me, so don't go "twisting words" again. Please get yourself and your family vaxxed so we can stop this pandemic and all the harm its done to fellow Americans.

OK, 70 % of the hospital staff have been vaccinated. That includes licensed providers such as DRs as well as the catering and janitorial staff.
                      Fairbanks has had availability for over a month, which is barely time to get the two doses in. Some could, but just scheduling and administering the shots would take a number of months. If one nurse can do 10 shots per hour, how many burse-days are required to 45,000 people a (or whatever number you feel is correct)? And are there that many nurses?

So has it been proven that there are no barriers to vaccination If so, then is it attitude about this particular vaccine? Put another way, are the same people resisting the mumps and other childhood vaccines at the same rate? And do you expect calling people names (deniers) will increase acceptance?

Antibody Dependent Enhancement is a real thing. Also, remember all the arguments over the many past years about My Body, My Choice. Are we now moving toward Your Body, My Choice?

Comment

• Right now, the USA has the ability to deliver about 5-6 million shots per day (and that ability can increase easily). Yes, there are that many personnel. On 1 APR, the USA administered 4.2 million shots (record peak day). Right now, that number has declined to about 2.5 million per day (on average). Right now, most states in the USA are declining vaccine shipments up to their full capability to vaccinate due to low public demand. Starting around 11 APR, there has been a steady decline in shots per day. Right now, a headline just popped across my real time news feed: "Recent Poll Shows Nearly Half Of All Republicans Will Refuse COVID Vaccination". You tell me what the problem is, and how I "politicized" it.
                        All data from US CDC: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

OK, 70 % of the hospital staff have been vaccinated. That includes licensed providers such as DRs as well as the catering and janitorial staff.
                        Fairbanks has had availability for over a month, which is barely time to get the two doses in. Some could, but just scheduling and administering the shots would take a number of months. If one nurse can do 10 shots per hour, how many burse-days are required to 45,000 people a (or whatever number you feel is correct)? And are there that many nurses?

So has it been proven that there are no barriers to vaccination If so, then is it attitude about this particular vaccine? Put another way, are the same people resisting the mumps and other childhood vaccines at the same rate? And do you expect calling people names (deniers) will increase acceptance?

Antibody Dependent Enhancement is a real thing. Also, remember all the arguments over the many past years about My Body, My Choice. Are we now moving toward Your Body, My Choice?

Comment

Right now, the USA has the ability to deliver about 5-6 million shots per day (and that ability can increase easily). Yes, there are that many personnel. On 1 APR, the USA administered 4.2 million shots (record peak day). Right now, that number has declined to about 2.5 million per day (on average). Right now, most states in the USA are declining vaccine shipments up to their full capability to vaccinate due to low public demand. Starting around 11 APR, there has been a steady decline in shots per day. Right now, a headline just popped across my real time news feed: "Recent Poll Shows Nearly Half Of All Republicans Will Refuse COVID Vaccination". You tell me what the problem is, and how I "politicized" it.
                          All data from US CDC: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

And this is applicable to Fairbanks how? USA data tells us nothing about Fairbanks.

Here is what you wrote recently:
                          "And to continue the above thought, my daughter-in-law tells me that the vaccination rate amongst their patients, which are overwhelmingly 65+ with lotsa health issues, is currently over 70%, and that encourages me. Especially, when one considers the demographics of the area, where Republicans outnumber Democrats by a nearly 3:1 margin, and the region is mostly rural (except for the city where she works and the medical center is located) and they have difficulty getting the shots out to the rural areas. So while, there numbers of vaxes in arms is indeed decreasing, they are now significantly reaching out to those rural areas, and that's why their total vax numbers are dropping. (Snip)"

All good info; High vaccination rate, rural, R's 3:1 over D's, difficulty in outreach to rural areas. The service area for the Fairbanks hospital is at least the North Star Borough, plus a lot of other area, all of which would be rural. Is it possible they are having the same issues your daughter-in-law described?

By the way, that poll you referenced also shows Over Half of All Republicans Will Get Vaccinated.

Comment

• Plenty of opportunities to get vaccinated in Fairbanks. Today alone, over 400 appointments went unfilled in Fairbanks. You can even pick the vax you want. It ain't because you can't get it, it's because you don't want it.
                            And to go on further to this question which I didn't answer earlier due to lack of time; "Antibody Dependent Enhancement is a real thing. Also, remember all the arguments over the many past years about My Body, My Choice. Are we now moving toward Your Body, My Choice?
                            And for the record, I'm a big fan of people making educated, informed choices about what they do with their body using actual facts. What I'm not a big fan of, is the constant misinformation being repeated here by the "usual" individuals that's totally false, that many people here are using to justify their political position. Heck, if there wasn't so much false information and pseudoscience continually being posted here, I might not even get to post here at all. Pretty simple really, don't post false information or pseudoscience and I won't be responding to it. There actually is a very good reason I post a lot here.

And this is applicable to Fairbanks how? USA data tells us nothing about Fairbanks.

Here is what you wrote recently:
                            "And to continue the above thought, my daughter-in-law tells me that the vaccination rate amongst their patients, which are overwhelmingly 65+ with lotsa health issues, is currently over 70%, and that encourages me. Especially, when one considers the demographics of the area, where Republicans outnumber Democrats by a nearly 3:1 margin, and the region is mostly rural (except for the city where she works and the medical center is located) and they have difficulty getting the shots out to the rural areas. So while, there numbers of vaxes in arms is indeed decreasing, they are now significantly reaching out to those rural areas, and that's why their total vax numbers are dropping. (Snip)"

All good info; High vaccination rate, rural, R's 3:1 over D's, difficulty in outreach to rural areas. The service area for the Fairbanks hospital is at least the North Star Borough, plus a lot of other area, all of which would be rural. Is it possible they are having the same issues your daughter-in-law described?

By the way, that poll you referenced also shows Over Half of All Republicans Will Get Vaccinated.

Comment

Plenty of opportunities to get vaccinated in Fairbanks. Today alone, over 400 appointments went unfilled in Fairbanks. You can even pick the vax you want. It ain't because you can't get it, it's because you don't want it.
                              And to go on further to this question which I didn't answer earlier due to lack of time; "Antibody Dependent Enhancement is a real thing. Also, remember all the arguments over the many past years about My Body, My Choice. Are we now moving toward Your Body, My Choice?
                              And for the record, I'm a big fan of people making educated, informed choices about what they do with their body using actual facts. What I'm not a big fan of, is the constant misinformation being repeated here by the "usual" individuals that's totally false, that many people here are using to justify their political position. Heck, if there wasn't so much false information and pseudoscience continually being posted here, I might not even get to post here at all. Pretty simple really, don't post false information or pseudoscience and I won't be responding to it. There actually is a very good reason I post a lot here.

Thought you may find this of interest:
                              https://www.salk.edu/news-release/th...le-in-illness/

They find the Covid is more a vascular disease and the protein spike is largely the culprit. Comments welcome, as it may do a lot to explain some of the non-pulmonary effects. These papers are all good, as they open areas of discussion and suggest alternate lines of inquiry. In the end, some will prove out and some will be dead ends and some will be erroneous. Exercise caution in picking. The unknown unknowns are in control right now.

Love your blanket statements, no specifics or details. Are you dabbling in politics now?

Bottom line, there are those who do not trust the vaccine, and those who do. They both arrive at their conclusions via a similar method. There is more than a little science in both camps. Long term latency may delay a final answer for many years. In the short term (6 months) the vaccine seems to make sense. There are no long-term studies to confirm that. The Pharma companies are discussing booster shots, and I have not seen any claims that the effect lasts a year or more. If immediate safety is paramount, get the shot. If long-term health is an issue, well, uncertainty enters the picture. It is a virus, well established, and is not going away.

as a "usual" glad to help you out. Keeps you from going to riots and such.

Comment

Pretty simple really, don't post false information or pseudoscience and I won't be responding to it.
                                That's all they have, as they've proven ad nauseum. They're simply afraid of reality. So they live in a make-believe world fed by those looking to profit off of that ilk.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X