Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allergic reaction to Pfizer Vaccine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My 24 YO daughter got the J&J shot. She had a fever of 102.7 and had to call in sick at work for two days (no fevers allowed at work, they're screened). She felt like she had a severe case of the flu for 48 hours, minus the congestion and coughing. Recovered quickly and was back to normal after 48 hours. My daughter in law, who's running the COVID vax effort for a regional med center that covers the size of the states of MA, CT, and RI combined, tells me that there are no real differences in observed side effects from the 3 manufacturers (they all have some), that effects are mostly random with some people getting hit hard and some having no side effects at all, and that age and sex are a definite association in the following order of demographics (from worst to best).
    1 Women under 50
    2 Women over 50
    3 Men under 50
    4 Men over 50
    Fortunately I'm in group #4!!! And my DIL tells me that group has only about 15% reported negative side effects.

    Originally posted by alexander View Post
    I received the Johnson and Johnson shot 3 weeks ago. a little bit of a sore arm and tired with chills the next afternoon. Fine the next day. Has anyone else received the J&J shot? I don't know anyone else but me that has.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by alexander View Post
      I received the Johnson and Johnson shot 3 weeks ago. a little bit of a sore arm and tired with chills the next afternoon. Fine the next day. Has anyone else received the J&J shot? I don't know anyone else but me that has.
      That's what I got. Shoveled snow the next day. Arm was a little sore the next day and then I got somewhat itchy all over. Was fine the day after that.
      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
        My 24 YO daughter got the J&J shot. She had a fever of 102.7 and had to call in sick at work for two days (no fevers allowed at work, they're screened). She felt like she had a severe case of the flu for 48 hours, minus the congestion and coughing. Recovered quickly and was back to normal after 48 hours. My daughter in law, who's running the COVID vax effort for a regional med center that covers the size of the states of MA, CT, and RI combined, tells me that there are no real differences in observed side effects from the 3 manufacturers (they all have some), that effects are mostly random with some people getting hit hard and some having no side effects at all, and that age and sex are a definite association in the following order of demographics (from worst to best).
        1 Women under 50
        2 Women over 50
        3 Men under 50
        4 Men over 50
        Fortunately I'm in group #4!!! And my DIL tells me that group has only about 15% reported negative side effects.


        I'm 60 so that works for me!

        Comment


        • got my second dose of pfizer yesterday. no side affects today other then a sore arm, same as the first dose. 32 years old
          I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
          but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

          Comment


          • Was considering the J&J vaccine as it's a once and done deal. But not anymore. <br/>I'm guessing Norcalbob will say the recent reports on it and blood clotting issues are a hoax as well though. Some people are just a bit hard headed that way!
            Last edited by kasilofchrisn; 1 week ago.
            "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

            "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
              Was considering the J&J vaccine as it's a once and done deal.<br/>But not anymore.<br/>I'm guessing Norcalbob will say the recent reports on it and blood clotting issues are a hoax as well though.<br/>Some people are just a bit hard headed that way!<br/><br/>Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
              Yep and imagine what we will see happening in a year, two years, 10 or 20 years down the road... Good thing all the doctors (experts) and drug manufactures are protected from all legal issues that will arise

              Comment



              • Nice job making it personal, dude. About what I expect from you, no facts, make insults. Nope, don't consider it a hoax, and the medical system is taking all the steps needed to mitigate the risks. They identified a potential issue early on the vax effort and will make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks. That's their job. So far, there have been nearly 200,000,000 doses of COVID vaxes administered in the US, and about a dozen "potential" deaths from the vaxes, and about a dozen "potential" deaths from COVID amongst people who have been already vaccinated. I'd say those are pretty good odds, but YMMV. I got mine long ago. No side effects from the Pfizer vax other than some minor arm discomfort at the injection site. Didn't even stop me from going fishing so I'm good with the vax. I was a little worried because my 24 YO daughter got the J&J, but that was over a month ago, so hopefully she's good. If I were a reproductive age female, I'd be getting The Pfizer or Moderna vax.

                Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                Was considering the J&J vaccine as it's a once and done deal.<br/>But not anymore.<br/>I'm guessing Norcalbob will say the recent reports on it and blood clotting issues are a hoax as well though.<br/>Some people are just a bit hard headed that way!<br/><br/>Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                Last edited by NorcalBob; 1 week ago. Reason: typos

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                  Was considering the J&J vaccine as it's a once and done deal.<br/>But not anymore.<br/>I'm guessing Norcalbob will say the recent reports on it and blood clotting issues are a hoax as well though.<br/>Some people are just a bit hard headed that way!<br/><br/>Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                  And some people don't math very well. 6 women out of the almost 7 million (just in the US) who've received the J&J vaccine have had a blood clotting issue, that's about 0.00009%. Good on them for pausing it so they can help protect the 0.00009% who've had this issue, hopefully they can figure it out soon.

                  How does 0.00009% having a blood clotting issue stack up to the percentage of those who die because of covid? Is it more or less, is 0.00009% bigger or smaller than the often repeated (but false) 0.5% mortality rate of covid?
                  I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post

                    And some people don't math very well. 6 women out of the almost 7 million (just in the US) who've received the J&J vaccine have had a blood clotting issue, that's about 0.00009%. Good on them for pausing it so they can help protect the 0.00009% who've had this issue, hopefully they can figure it out soon.

                    How does 0.00009% having a blood clotting issue stack up to the percentage of those who die because of covid? Is it more or less, is 0.00009% bigger or smaller than the often repeated (but false) 0.5% mortality rate of covid?
                    And if they didnt get the shoot there is 99.5% they would still be alive even if they did get the china flu

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chez View Post

                      And if they didnt get the shoot there is 99.5% they would still be alive even if they did get the china flu
                      Only one died, not all six, so you are comparing apples to oranges. If the vaccine caused a clotting reaction in these individuals, I'd argue that it is likely they would have had a severe reaction if they got covid. Your number is from an entire population and not applicable to an individual person. The 567,000 people who did die of covid had a 100% chance of dying of covid.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NRick View Post

                        Only one died, not all six, so you are comparing apples to oranges. If the vaccine caused a clotting reaction in these individuals, I'd argue that it is likely they would have had a severe reaction if they got covid. Your number is from an entire population and not applicable to an individual person. The 567,000 people who did die of covid had a 100% chance of dying of covid.

                        only one died THAT HAS BEEN REPORTED.

                        Like was mentioned above, .00009% with bad reactions is not a big deal (except for those within that percentage). Most drugs have a much higher side effect %age and they are still on the market yet this one with, only one death, has been pulled, there is more info that isn't being reported because .00009% is NOTHING in relation to drug side effects and certainly no reason to pull it out of circulation.

                        Oh yeah, double checked those that did not die from the clots, find out if they stroked out
                        Last edited by Chez; 1 week ago.

                        Comment


                        • Make your vaccine decisions based on facts from reputable sources. The CDC just released "breakthrough" cases (people that have been fully vaccinated) statistics as follows. There have been about 5,800 cases, resulting in 396 hospitalizations, and 74 deaths from people who have confirmed COVID positive tests.
                          "The breakthrough COVID-19 infections reported to the CDC were out of more than 75 million fully vaccinated individuals in the U.S., occurring in less than 0.008 percent of fully vaccinated people. Hospitalizations have occurred in 0.0005 percent of all full vaccinations and deaths in almost 0.0001 percent."
                          You can decide if you like those odds or not. I personally like those odds, but YMMV.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
                            Nice job making it personal, dude. About what I expect from you, no facts, make insults. <br/>
                            Calling someone hard-headed isn't exactly an insult but I should have figured you might take it that way. If I was to take the time to go back through this thread I'm guessing you've said just as many insults if not more than anyone on this thread.<br/>I would have linked to some facts on this one but I figured since it was all over the local and national news you might have heard about it. That and I'm quite surprised that you actually are willing to admit that this blood clotting issue with one of the vaccines is legitimate. Every other time someone's had a serious concern about one of the vaccines causing health issues or even death you've brushed it off as though it were fake news.<br/>
                            "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

                            "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
                              And some people don't math very well. 6 women out of the almost 7 million (just in the US) who've received the J&J vaccine have had a blood clotting issue, that's about 0.00009%. Good on them for pausing it so they can help protect the 0.00009% who've had this issue, hopefully they can figure it out soon.How does 0.00009% having a blood clotting issue stack up to the percentage of those who die because of covid? Is it more or less, is 0.00009% bigger or smaller than the often repeated (but false) 0.5% mortality rate of covid?
                              My odds of surviving covid if I were to contract the virus based on my age and health are 99.8% I'm not sure what the odds are of me getting covid are as there are too many variables to that equation.But with the two of those put together I'd say my odds of dying from covid are in the range of .0?% In other words the odds are very low. One of the guys who works for the same company as me on the slope contracted covid after he had had the first shot but before he got the second one. He was a close contact with someone who had it. He was quarantined for 10 days because he was a close contact and then tested positive right before he was set to come out of quarantine. Fortunately I was not on the slope at the time and I am not always exposed to those guys anyway as I don't work directly with those crews.<br/>My mom had a blood clotting issue a few years back and it was a scary deal for us.<br/>She couldn't get out of bed ended up in the hospital for a few days a concern was if the clots let loose and shot up into her lungs it could have killed her.<br/>Yes the odds of dying from these vaccines or having a major health issue from them are very low.<br/>But in the grand scheme of things so are my odds of dying from covid itself.<br/>
                              "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

                              "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

                              Comment


                              • It would be nice to know if there were any risk factors to the people developing clots such as being on oral contraceptives and smoking, etc before jumping to conclusions.

                                Comment

                                Footer Adsense

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X