Do you wear a mask in public places?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by akgriz View Post

Exceptionally simple--if you're afraid or vulnerable or both, stay inside until you feel safe. All the mechanisms for the vulnerable or fearful are already in place--drive up, delivery, internet, etc. If you're young and healthy, or one who refuses to sacrifice essential liberty (see Franklin, Benjamin: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."), then live life to the fullest. Nothing in life is risk-free.
    So if I'm one of the so called vulnerable, maybe you can explain to me how I can continue to make a living by staying home. I do much of what you suggest, but I still need my mail. If I have someone get it for me I will have to be in contact with them. Same for groceries. I still need to get out to the Dr. It's not reasonable to suggest that I hole up and have absolutely no contact with other people because you insist on running around like Typhoid Mary.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

• I'm in the same boat as SR. So, Griz, let me make sure I understand this, I'm supposed to stop my life and become dependent on others, just because you refuse to wear a mask since it infringes on your liberty? WOW, I guess I should play the infringing on my liberty card like you deniers, trying to stop my life.
      Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post

So if I'm one of the so called vulnerable, maybe you can explain to me how I can continue to make a living by staying home. I do much of what you suggest, but I still need my mail. If I have someone get it for me I will have to be in contact with them. Same for groceries. I still need to get out to the Dr. It's not reasonable to suggest that I hole up and have absolutely no contact with other people because you insist on running around like Typhoid Mary.

Comment

• Yea, I'm in the "vulnerable" category, too, whatever the hell that is, given that perfectly healthy people 20, 30, 40, 50 years old are dying from this, notably of cardio vascular effects... Yesterday I made a trip into the local hardware/sporting goods establishment, and NONE of the employees were masked up. The cashier downstairs was laughing and carrying on and openly coughing all over the place. (You can't make this **** up). This business has obviously chosen to disregard the health of their employees, customers, and community at large. Historically, I've spent A LOT of money there...but not anymore. Maybe the deniers the likes of akgramps will step up to make up the difference and keep this business from going under (tho I doubt it), because they've now permanently lost my business.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

• Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
          Yea, I'm in the "vulnerable" category, too, whatever the hell that is, given that perfectly healthy people 20, 30, 40, 50 years old are dying from this, notably of cardio vascular effects... Yesterday I made a trip into the local hardware/sporting goods establishment, and NONE of the employees were masked up. The cashier downstairs was laughing and carrying on and openly coughing all over the place. (You can't make this **** up). Historically, I've spent A LOT of money there...but not anymore. Maybe the deniers the likes of akgramps will step up to make up the difference and keep these businesses from going under (tho I doubt it), because they've now permanently lost my business.
          I'm doing the same. No more support for businesses that can't figure out how to respect the situation. In fact I'm not coming back from my farm in Hawaii till their is a vaccination. Hawaii knows the meaning of Aloha.... Alaska does not.

Comment

• The deniers think it's o.k. to pretend covid is a joke, and expect everyone to take all the precautions that they blissfully ignore. Selfish, narcisistic bungholes.

Comment

• I saw a post on social media from a female I know that said the old folks just need to step out of the way and go to their forever home. Gotta be the same kind of person that supports dismemberment full term abortion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
                I saw a post on social media from a female I know that said the old folks just need to step out of the way and go to their forever home. Gotta be the same kind of person that supports dismemberment full term abortion.
                We skipped our Alaska summer home time this year due to border closures and such, but did hear a lot of chatter that "the plan" was to use Covid to reduce the Social Security payouts. Also part of "the plan" was to use masks as a control point. Your choice on the rumor of the day

If you like masks, use them. Outside hospital settings, there is no broad evidence that they prevent you catching something. The hospital regimen for masks includes hand sanitation and change every 20 minutes, and never touching the mask. If you can meet the standards, good for you. Mask in pocket maybe not so much.

One thing missing is Vitamin D. Early reports were that those with low levels had bad outcomes, those with higher levels had better, or less bad, outcomes. Bad outcomes are more prevalent in darker skin tones, and among those with less exposure to sunlight. A bit of Vitamin C also helps. The purpose is to build your immune system and let the T cells do the work.

It is a virus, and it will do what viruses do, which is infect people until it peters out, and then return seasonally. A vaccine will help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tee Jay View Post

We skipped our Alaska summer home time this year due to border closures and such, but did hear a lot of chatter that "the plan" was to use Covid to reduce the Social Security payouts. Also part of "the plan" was to use masks as a control point. Your choice on the rumor of the day

If you like masks, use them. Outside hospital settings, there is no broad evidence that they prevent you catching something. The hospital regimen for masks includes hand sanitation and change every 20 minutes, and never touching the mask. If you can meet the standards, good for you. Mask in pocket maybe not so much.

One thing missing is Vitamin D. Early reports were that those with low levels had bad outcomes, those with higher levels had better, or less bad, outcomes. Bad outcomes are more prevalent in darker skin tones, and among those with less exposure to sunlight. A bit of Vitamin C also helps. The purpose is to build your immune system and let the T cells do the work.

It is a virus, and it will do what viruses do, which is infect people until it peters out, and then return seasonally. A vaccine will help.
                  Don't hold your breath waiting for it to peter out.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
                    I'm in the same boat as SR. So, Griz, let me make sure I understand this, I'm supposed to stop my life and become dependent on others, just because you refuse to wear a mask since it infringes on your liberty? WOW, I guess I should play the infringing on my liberty card like you deniers, trying to stop my life.

Wow, talking about being dependent on others--by your (il)logic, you're ALREADY dependent on others (to be an anti-breather) or you're not coming out to play! Fear does not trump freedom--especially when it deals with one the greatest frauds ever perpetrated on the human race!
                    Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

• Originally posted by akgriz View Post

Wow, talking about being dependent on others--by your (il)logic, you're ALREADY dependent on others (to be an anti-breather) or you're not coming out to play! Fear does not trump freedom--especially when it deals with one the greatest frauds ever perpetrated on the human race!

We are dependent upon others to... stop at stop signs, not drive their vehicle into people, not steal, not spread poison, not smoke inside, wear a shirt & shoes, etc. Basically, EVERY SINGLE LAW can be summed up as "you don't have the right to endanger others".

Hopefully one of these days you can comprehend how utterly baseless and stupid your argument is. NO ONE has the right to endanger others while exercising our rights. NO ONE. And that includes your desire to spread disease while using a make-believe "right" to justify it.

Comment

• Wrong again, as usual. I'm not stopping anything due to COVID, nor am I more dependent on others since COVID (nor do I want to be, even though you seem to want me to be based on your "lockdown" vulnerable solution-but that wouldn't work anyways), nor do I especially fear COVID (I live a very low risk of exposure lifestyle). The only behaviors I've modified is by maintaining social distance amongst other people (not a hard thing to do since I'm basically a hermit anyways, and have been doing that since long before COVID), wearing a mask when I do venture into public so I won't infect others out of consideration for my fellow human beings (also not a hard thing to do on those rare occasions I actually venture into the public), and washing my hands more frequently (also not a hard thing to do and the public probably appreciates better personal hygiene anyways-not that I care). As far as fear goes, I think believing that COVID is "one of the greatest frauds ever perpetrated on the human race!" and posting disinformation to support that belief is actually a greater fear, but what do I know. I've said this before, but if you'd stop posting BS articles claiming false conclusions from respected academic journals, I wouldn't even bother responding to your posts. You see, as former professional scientist, well published in academic journals, and the former Director of the Scientific and Technical Data Analysis Organization of a major US Laboratory (where one of my many jobs was to review and approve all of the labs publications), I have this "thing" about "pseudo-science" and people who spread disinformation. Just one of my "things".
                        Originally posted by akgriz View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by NorcalBob View Post
                          Wrong again, as usual. I'm not stopping anything due to COVID, nor am I more dependent on others since COVID (nor do I want to be, even though you seem to want me to be based on your "lockdown" vulnerable solution-but that wouldn't work anyways), nor do I especially fear COVID (I live a very low risk of exposure lifestyle). The only behaviors I've modified is by maintaining social distance amongst other people (not a hard thing to do since I'm basically a hermit anyways, and have been doing that since long before COVID), wearing a mask when I do venture into public so I won't infect others out of consideration for my fellow human beings (also not a hard thing to do on those rare occasions I actually venture into the public), and washing my hands more frequently (also not a hard thing to do and the public probably appreciates better personal hygiene anyways-not that I care). As far as fear goes, I think believing that COVID is "one of the greatest frauds ever perpetrated on the human race!" and posting disinformation to support that belief is actually a greater fear, but what do I know. I've said this before, but if you'd stop posting BS articles claiming false conclusions from respected academic journals, I wouldn't even bother responding to your posts. You see, as former professional scientist, well published in academic journals, and the former Director of the Scientific and Technical Data Analysis Organization of a major US Laboratory (where one of my many jobs was to review and approve all of the labs publications), I have this "thing" about "pseudo-science" and people who spread disinformation. Just one of my "things". <br/><br/><br/>
                          <br/><br/>So you think because you wear a mask you can't infect others? The fact is, mask or not, you are putting others at risk if you are out in public. Obviously it seems less likely to give it to someone else if you are wearing a mask as opposed to not, but there is still very much potential their and you seem ok with yourself putting people at risk but not others putting people at risk. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

• Mask or no mask - lockdowns or no lockdowns...nothing works per the "experts" b/c numbers keep spiking. So you test positive per a PCR test. A positive PCR test doesn't mean your sick. All mainstream can report is the rising numbers of infection, not death rate, which is still less than the annual cold/flu. By the way, compare last years' annual cold/flu stats to this year.

Now the Guv can and will take away your birthday. You still think this is about a piece of cloth?

No mask, no lockdown, no telling me how many family members I'm allowed to have in my house.

To you all you virtue signaling - global citizens regurgitating lamestream media talking points and narratives; wake up.

Comment

• [

To you all you virtue signaling - global citizens regurgitating lamestream media talking points and narratives; wake up.[/QUOTE]

Next their gonna take our guns away kike they did the last time!

Comment

• Originally posted by alexander View Post
                                [

To you all you virtue signaling - global citizens regurgitating lamestream media talking points and narratives; wake up.

Next their gonna take our guns away kike they did the last time!

[/QUOTE]

Did you gladly submit to wearing a mask and self imposed rape of freedom "last time?"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X