Do you wear a mask in public places?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevesch View Post
    No mask, no service will end this argument, and the Pandemic. Oh, I forgot....an ample supply of nightsticks to train miscreants.<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
    You misspelled maskholes.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

• This thread is getting very old guys. I've had about enough of it. Several years ago, this forum was one of the best hunting and fishing forums for Alaskans on the web. Now, it is nothing more than a few guys bickering who apparently don't have time get out and enjoy our great state. This site has become a sh*t show. JMHO
      Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevesch View Post
        No mask, no service will end this argument, and the Pandemic. Oh, I forgot....an ample supply of nightsticks to train miscreants.<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
        Yes,, nightsticks, canning stoning,,,,,,, where are you from? Have we opened up travel from China?
        He who know nothing, still knows nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
          This thread is getting very old guys. I've had about enough of it. Several years ago, this forum was one of the best hunting and fishing forums for Alaskans on the web. Now, it is nothing more than a few guys bickering who apparently don't have time get out and enjoy our great state. This site has become a sh*t show. JMHO
          Me too, I can barely gather the energy too look at this trash anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Akgramps View Post

Me too, I can barely gather the energy too look at this trash anymore
            Your actions defy your words. 9 out of the last 16 posts since post #139 to #154 belong to you. If I took the 2 minutes it would take to review every comment, I'm guessing the majority are yours, maybe even 50% or more. It makes no sense why if you aren't concerned with this subject you would repeatedly post on it. You are obviously obsessed with this subject. If you didn't care and didn't have the energy you would stop concerning yourself with it. You don't wear a mask, we got it...move along there is nothing to see here.
            I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

• Follow the science they said. Trust the experts they said. So, the WHO is now flip flopping on lockdowns. Hmm. Mask mandate? Make me.

The World Health Organization has warned leaders against relying on COVID-19 lockdowns to tackle outbreaks — after previously saying countries should be careful how quickly they reopen.

WHO envoy Dr. David Nabarro said such restrictive measures should only be treated as a last resort, the British magazine the Spectator reported in a video interview.
              “We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Nabarro said.

“The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it.”

Comment

• I made 2 stops in town yesterday. The doctor and a tire shop. I wore a mask in both places, as did everyone else except one dude. At the tire store a customer came in without a mask. They told him to wait outside. Instead he stood inside the door without a mask. The manager and I went out to look at my truck and had to walk past the maskless one. I asked him to move away so I could go through the door. He got a little peeved. I didn't care. I'm old and don't have time for someone's lack of concern for others.

Comment

• Public Health Officials use metrics to track COVID cases and deaths. An interesting metric to track is the previous seven day average in case counts and deaths. The previous seven day average is a useful metric because it “evens out” the apparent daily fluctuating trends of COVID cases/deaths. Tracking these metrics provides valuable data to determine current COVID “hotspots” and documents the current spread of COVID.

A total of 33 states currently have statewide masking requirements. Statistically, that means that about 1/3 of states do not have statewide masking requirements.
                  Source: https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...ronavirus.html

Here is a ranking of states by the previous seven day average. Legend: RANKING/STATE/MASK REQUIREMENT
                  Source: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

Previous 7 Day Average For Total Case Count
                  1/TX/Y, 2/CA/Y, 3/IL/Y, 4/WI/Y, 5/FL/N, 6/TN/N, 7/NC/Y, 8/IN/Y, 9/OH/Y, 10/MO/N

Previous 7 Day Average For Total Case Count Per 100K Population
                  1/ND/N, 2/SD/N, 3/MT/Y, 4/WI/Y, 5/UT/N, 6/NE/N, 7/ID/N, 8/IA/N, 9/WY/N, 10/AR/Y

Previous 7 Day Average For Total Deaths
                  1/FL/N, 2/TX/Y, 3/CA/Y, 4/GA/N, 5/MO/N, 6/IL/Y, 7/TN/N, 8/NC/Y, 9/AR/Y, 10/PA/Y

Previous 7 Day Average For Total Deaths Per 100K Population
                  1/ND/N, 2/AR/Y, 3/SD/N, 4/FL/N, 5/MO/N, 6/MS/N, 7/MT/Y, 8/IA/N, 9/TN/N, 10/AL/Y

Comment

• Valdez has not been hit too hard by the virus yet. Although, our numbers are increasing even though tourist and fishing season is over. We lost our first resident the other day. Yes she was older but still an active person. She caught a ride back from Anch. with someone that was not wearing a mask a couple weeks ago. Fatal mistake as the driver was positive and did not know it at that time. She always had a smile, something witty to say. Her family could not be with her in the hospital except via internet. What a lonely way to leave this earth.

I'm still going to wear a mask. Social distance and go to the town in off hours to the PO and the store.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

• Nikiski has only had a few cases also, but Kenai and especially Soldotna seem to be hot spots. I have noticed that it seems a higher percentage of people wear masks in Kenai than in Soldotna. In Nikiski I am often surprised at the number of people going to the p.o. without a mask. Especially older folks.

Comment

• The good news is that AK has one of the lowest death rates per 100K over the previous 7 days. The bad news is that AK's case rate per 100K over the previous 7 days is even higher than CA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akgramps View Post

Yes,, nightsticks, canning stoning,,,,,,, where are you from? Have we opened up travel from China?
                          LOL you guys dont make sense.

You demand everyone wear a mask to protect everyone else and in the same breath you threaten violence to those not wearing a mask -

Help me understand why its ok for you to intentionally hurt me for not wearing one but not ok for me to go without a mask ESPECIALLY when you are protected by wear your mask???

Comment

• Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post

Your actions defy your words. 9 out of the last 16 posts since post #139 to #154 belong to you. If I took the 2 minutes it would take to review every comment, I'm guessing the majority are yours, maybe even 50% or more. It makes no sense why if you aren't concerned with this subject you would repeatedly post on it. You are obviously obsessed with this subject. If you didn't care and didn't have the energy you would stop concerning yourself with it. You don't wear a mask, we got it...move along there is nothing to see here.

Pretty funny guy you are, my post was sarcasm, OK if you dont get it.... funny you would admonish me, yet someone who makes a post about how ridiculous this thread is OK, If someone doesn't want to look at it, why comment...as you said "move along". then others suggest bodily harm as a way to bring people under "control".... yet you dont bother to comment on that, I made a number of posts supporting how I feel, and because you dont agree, you call me out... laughing. I am only obsessed with the fact that we as a nation/planet have overreacted to this virus and the repercussions to that reaction far outweigh the effects of the actual virus.... Certainly you have read the Barrington Declaration....?

https://gbdeclaration.org/
                            https://www.infectioncontroltoday.co...re-unnecessary

Furthermore, masks mandates are meaningless as they cannot and will not be enforced, its a health regulation and police do nit enforce heath regulations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chez View Post
                              <br/><br/>LOL you guys dont make sense.<br/><br/>You demand everyone wear a mask to protect everyone else and in the same breath you threaten violence to those not wearing a mask -<br/><br/>Help me understand why its ok for you to intentionally hurt me for not wearing one but not ok for me to go without a mask ESPECIALLY when you are protected by wear your mask???
                              My mask protects you from me, not me from you. The mask prevents aerosolizing of the virus from going into the air when you breath. I will be infected when I breath those aerosols, whether or not I wear a mask. It isn't a filter, at least much less effective as a filter, as it is a breath shield.<br/><br/>Get it yet?<br/><br/>Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

• A response from equally qualified individuals about the "Barrington Declaration" who call baloney on it:
                                https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...ed-protection/

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X