72 Hour test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 Hour test

From ADN - "Dunleavy said in a media briefing Friday that travelers from out of state, who will need to be tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours of boarding a plane to Alaska, will be asked to provide test results and fill out paperwork when they arrive." So you take the test before you get on the plane and the results aren't done come in before you board the plane....Take another test at the destination airport and wait how long??

Hard to say. I’ve been looking for a testing site which will provide results in 2 days or less, and haven’t found any in my locale. I’m hoping this rule is lifted before I fly up in late June.

Comment

I’ll be anxious to see how everyone is dealing with this and if the governor will give any guidelines on how and where to be tested. I come to Alaska the end of July, so plenty of time to get these regulations ironed out. But the guest that are going in June have to be scrambling trying to sort things out. Heard from a frien yesterday his group of four canceled their June trip due to four different states involved and no one getting a good answer on how to get tested and get the paperwork in time.
      i see pictures from guides with their catches being posted,these have to be all Alaska residents, can’t get by the 14 day quarantine.

Comment

OK, so they have increased the 72 hour test to 5 days. That should work going up.
        But they say we're supposed to have another test in Alaska 7-14 after after we arrive....Well, that's not going to happen for hunters in the bush over 14 days duration. And there will be a lot of us doing that......They need to rethink this once again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff U View Post
          OK, so they have increased the 72 hour test to 5 days. That should work going up.
          But they say we're supposed to have another test in Alaska 7-14 after after we arrive....Well, that's not going to happen for hunters in the bush over 14 days duration. And there will be a lot of us doing that......They need to rethink this once again.....
          Nothing is going to work for every situation. The 5 day thing really isn't a help since if you do that, then you still are required to get one upon arrival just as if you didn't get one at all before coming up. Really, if people are looking to come up for a hunt, they need to either get a test within the 72 hours before they arrive or plan a few extra days on the front end of their trip to quarantine while they wait for the result for the test they get when they arrive. Realistically, these things are likely to change a few more times before hunting season gets here though, so hard to say what the situation will be at that point.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X