Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 "Lock'Down" could last months, not weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything north of the NYC metro area. That part needs to be it's own state. Whatever NYC wants, they get because they have more votes than the rest of the state. My deer property is NW of Syracuse and I stay in Baldwinsville when back there.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
      Well the first load of cannery workers arrived in Valdez. Many from the Philippines. Going to be interesting.
      They still have to quarantine for 2 weeks, right?

Comment

I have not seen the plan for the cannery.

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Cannery Workers

Dave,

This was posted on the Valdez Covid-19 community page a couple of days ago. I still think with precautions will will still see a LARGE spike in cases. It doesn’t make me comfortable in these coming months.
          Attached Files

Comment

So, following Gov logic, we should be hanging with pot smoking foreign subsistence workers to limit our exposure. Someone should warn the seafood HR not to hire the former commander of the Roosevelt or the bottom line could go south.

Comment

Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
              Bad part is we can’t believe anything we see or hear anywhere. So no one even knows the truth about anything.
              Brother that is exactly how I feel. Supposedly over 700 people died yesterday in NYC so I am thinking that includes the five burroughs but darn That is a lot of people in one day if the number is accurate. I heard they are going to start burying people in parks for the short term.

Comment

Anything north of the NYC metro area. That part needs to be it's own state. Whatever NYC wants, they get because they have more votes than the rest of the state. My deer property is NW of Syracuse and I stay in Baldwinsville when back there.
                I was born in NYC but my parents moved to Seaford on Long Island about 30 miles from "The City" as we called it when I was two growing up in the 50's and 60's. "Anything" past the city was called "Upstate" and we referred to it as "Gods Country". Towns so small all there was there was a general store that sold gas, antiques and maybe a place to eat. Parts of the Adirondack Wilderness look like the Alps. In my neighborhood practically all the dads served in WWll and most hunted and fished, families had anywhere from 3-8 kids so after school we played games like stick ball, football or went fishing. If you drove down our street in suburbia any given afternoon you had to go about 15mph because there were 30 or 40 kids out playing.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDoug View Post
                  This guy doesn't describe it as so terrible as other docs. Dying sucks, no way around it, but there's no good excuse to unnecessarily exaggerate anything. https://thinkingcriticalcare.com/202...enches-foamed/
                  Ahhh. It appears Akdoug ‘s linked audio doctor is on to something. This makes some sense in more laymen’s terms of what is taking place metabolically.
                  http://web.archive.org/web/202004050...t-91182386efcb

Comment

Watched a video of India/Pakistan….. that area of the world. Police were beating violators with rubber hoses yelling at them.
                    https://www.recordonline.com/news/20...rgh-with-video

Comment

Originally posted by AKDoug View Post
                      This guy doesn't describe it as so terrible as other docs. Dying sucks, no way around it, but there's no good excuse to unnecessarily exaggerate anything. https://thinkingcriticalcare.com/202...enches-foamed/
                      From what I've heard, if you are a generally healthy person you should NOT be put on a vent right away: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
                      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Beat with a rubber hose? Sounds like school when I was a kid.
                        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod123 View Post
                          Cannery Workers

Dave,

This was posted on the Valdez Covid-19 community page a couple of days ago. I still think with precautions will will still see a LARGE spike in cases. It doesn’t make me comfortable in these coming months.
                          I wonder how long the virus will live on fish before, during and after processing? One sneeze will contaminate dozens of fish and each of those will contaminate hundreds and thousands more. If one fish is contaminated how quickly will it spread to the other fish, get packaged up and shipped all over the world? Cooking will probably kill the virus but you still handle it with bare hands and risk contamination

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post

I wonder how long the virus will live on fish before, during and after processing? One sneeze will contaminate dozens of fish and each of those will contaminate hundreds and thousands more. If one fish is contaminated how quickly will it spread to the other fish, get packaged up and shipped all over the world? Cooking will probably kill the virus but you still handle it with bare hands and risk contamination
                            Viruses don't work that way. They are not bacteria that can grow on a variety of things. Viruses need specific hosts to survive. A virus can exist on a surface like fish and survive for days, but it will not spread to an entire load of fish.
                            Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Comment

If a contaminated fish rubs against another fish, then contamination has spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Chez View Post
                                If a contaminated fish rubs against another fish, then contamination has spread.
                                And within days at the most, all these viruses on the fish are DEAD!! So, other than possibly contaminating another worker, there's no long trail of cases from contaminated fish.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X