This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://abc7.com/amp/coronavirus-dru...mpression=true
    Yet another article from a doctor successfully using hydroxycloriquine and still the press article downplays any significance of its success.
    Once again they muddy the waters (of your mind) by attributing a ‘death’ due to the use of “a similar drug”. When the drug taken was clearly cloriquine PHOSPHATE!
    Thats about as dumb as equating someone dying from drinking grain alcohol and saying he was just out having a few beers w his buddies.

Comment

• Originally posted by cod View Post
      https://abc7.com/amp/coronavirus-dru...mpression=true
      Yet another article from a doctor successfully using hydroxycloriquine and still the press article downplays any significance of its success.
      That is the drug France had best luck with and is what the Mayo Clinic is using in addition to antivirals and antibiotics for pneumonia. Russia is using a similar anti malarial as well.

Comment

• Positive notes:

Uncovered and started both 4wheelers over the weekend. Both started up without too much effort. Loved the sound and the smell of the exhaust! Hunting will happen, just may not be on a strict schedule. We WILL get through this. If you get too stressed, just go out and sniff some exhaust fumes. Just briefly though...

Expecting a new puppy next month. Hopefully they’ll still be able to send it cargo. Then the training starts! I’ve got some grouse wings in the freezer I am itching to get out. Too bad I don’t have the puppy now, this downtime would be great for bonding and house training. Patience...

Comment

• greyinggrayling, what kind of pup you getting?

Comment

Patsfan,,,, u are witnessing and being played by what is referred to as a ‘shill’.
            A shill’s job is to detract, impede, misdirect, or otherwise disrupt a discussion that is making progress towards enlightening or engaging others to think. It’s a common practice for certain people that are atuned to discussions where people might learn something. Many places I went to were filled with these people. You picked up on the ‘feelings’ position. They don’t want people using logic.
            Ignore them. They are there to derail a thought. Don’t fall for it.
            Do you not see your reflection when painting with such a brush? I am forever amazed by those that spread their "truths". You remind me of they sandwich board guy walking the Vegas Strip spreading his "faith" with a bullhorn to the multitude of sinners.

Comment

• We settled on a Small munsterlander

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KantishnaCabin again.
                I tried.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

• So the University puts the professor on paid administrative leave even tho he was being paid partially in cash and he was trying to hide his affiliation with Wuhan amounts other secret illegal activity. One of the two Chinese agents arrested w him is a Lt. in the Chinese Communist Army.
                  The Chinese arrested were primarily working on virus’ related to bats when they were caught smuggling vials from the USA.
                  Nothing but coincidence again. Watch how this story morphs.
                  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcv...ation/30689217

Comment

So the University puts the professor on paid administrative leave even tho he was being paid partially in cash and he was trying to hide his affiliation with Wuhan amounts other secret illegal activity. One of the two Chinese agents arrested w him is a Lt. in the Chinese Communist Army.
                    The Chinese arrested were primarily working on virus’ related to bats when they were caught smuggling vials from the USA.
                    Nothing but coincidence again. Watch how this story morphs.
                    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wcv...ation/30689217
                    You can bet the Chinese would love to hang this on the US

However I read this as well.

On Jan. 28, the Department of Justice announced the charges against Lieber and the two Chinese nationals in a single press release. But as the title of the release says, the three cases are “separate.”

As chair of Harvard’s chemistry and chemical biology department, Lieber is the most high-profile of the three. According to the complaint, Lieber lied to both the Department of Defense and the National Institutes of Health about his affiliation with Wuhan University of Technology, or WUT, and his involvement with China’s “Thousand Talents Plan,” a program designed to recruit Chinese ex-pats and foreign scientists to China.

Lieber also allegedly failed to disclose large sums of money he received from the Chinese government, including more than $1.5 million to start a lab at WUT and a salary of up to $50,000 per month, plus living expenses for his work at WUT.

The post’s summary gets most of this right, but suggests with quotation marks that Lieber’s lab in China may not have been focused on legitimate research. There is no evidence that’s true.

According to the charging document, Lieber’s three-year Thousand Talents contract required him to carry out the typical job functions of academic scientists, such as publishing in top journals, advising students and organizing conferences.

The concern for investigators, as a Science magazine article details, is not that Lieber was acting as a spy, but that he could be vulnerable to Chinese pressure in the future. “It was the amount of money involved that drew our attention,” Andrew Lelling, one of the prosecutors leading the case, told Science. “That is a corrupting level of money.”

There is nothing inherently wrong with Lieber participating in the Chinese program, but he needed to disclose those relationships and funds to Harvard and when receiving grant money from U.S. agencies. Lieber allegedly failed to do so on multiple occasions, including when he was asked about his Chinese ties from curious investigators. Lieber has not been charged with sharing intellectual property with the Chinese.
                    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

• I’m totally confused now on travel.
                      Anchorage mayor states on TV today that Anchorage residents are not supposed to travel north of Chugiak or south of Girdwood.
                      Governor says we can travel to go hunting, just stay away from people.
                      ADFG says we can travel but only for subsistence.
                      So which is it?
                      Are we able to pull our boat down to Homer and put in for fishing, as long as we don’t interact with anyone?
                      Are we allowed to go out south of Girdwood and scout for bear bait station locations as long as we don’t interact with anyone?
                      I would call different offices for clarifications, but it looks like I’d get a different answer each office I’d call.
                      Mixed messages. We need a consistent answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyinggrayling View Post
                        We settled on a Small munsterlander
                        Very nice! There are a growing number of SMs in South Central AK right now. Neat dogs.

And inconsistent answers amount different governmental entities is the name of the game it seems. It is very frustrating.

Comment

• Don't know if this site was posted already.... https://coronavirus-response-alaska-...0CaMQz6eN13z84
                          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

• 845E2262-3680-4637-BE00-FC7EA768F0A3.jpg8581676D-15C2-4AF1-B994-6CE06F3EC0F8.jpg
                            looking at these 2 charts for today, I’m interpreting it as cases have already peaked (statewide total) and now on a good downward trend. At the same time, testing has ramped up.
                            Looks to me like we’re over the hump in AK, but that’s not what state is saying. They say we still have another 2-3 weeks of rise. What am I missing? I need some of you numbers people to help me out with my crude interpretation.

Comment

• They are using the IHME model, the one that just revised all its projections down, like from 240,000 deaths to 87,000. Although they did raise our numbers from an expected 148 deaths in Alaska by Aug.4 to 314 now. Yay modeling.....

Comment

• I personally think that we have yet to see any sort of spike with the cannery, fishing, and tourist season starting and folks from all over the world visiting/working. Petersburg just had a case and it didn't get there by itself I am sure. Bethel has a case....I hope that I am wrong, but it is a very big concern of mine. Knowing that many are asymptomatic and yet able to transmit it can certainly give a false sense of security. People like to see things as a window of time, yet not everyone gets infected at the same time- therefore someone could get the virus at the end of a cycle and then not have a positive test or symptoms for a few days, then start a new cycle and over and over. In a perfect setting people would be tested twice at a weekly interval.

It is comforting knowing that the large majority of people will be ok, but anyone ending up with pulmonary issues or dying is sad. It is also really sad seeing what is happening to people's jobs and the economy. Truly devastating in so many respects.

Y'all stay as safe as possible and help out each other if you can.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X