This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    The patient was reported and recorded as being a foreign national being treated in Anchorage, which is true. https://gov.alaska.gov/newsroom/2020...onal-resident/ Why is that a problem for you?
    Iof,

First off since you've proven yourself to be an unreliable source of information I won't be clicking on any link you provide, nor should anyone else, but thanks for confirming what I said. I will stick with reliable information like the CDC and AK DHSS, not from some guy calling me an idiot on the internet that lacks the ability to behave like an adult.

The foreign national that was the first case recorded and reported in Alaska isn't a problem to me by any means, but thank you for your concern. The recording and reporting of those afflicted and dying by this disease is my concern, as I've previously stated, facts matter. If a foreign national is recorded and reported as a case in Alaska, why would those who haven't been in Alaska in months be recorded in the Alaskan total? You clearly do not have the answer, so stop pretending you do.

But back to the question you keep dodging, when you said "why does it matter?" If it does not matter to you, then why record and report faulty information? Why not record and report factual information? You keep trying to change the subject and make it about me when it has nothing to do with me. The question stands, why not record and report factually?

It's not a hard question but you seem to be at a loss in answering it for some reason.

The answer is simple, we should be recording and reporting factually.
    Where a person contracts this disease and where they die is far more important than where they spend their summers, winters, falls, and/or springs.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
      My guess is instead of dealing with the problem of people who are unable to control their behavior and act like adults this thread will be shutdown. It's unfortunate that once again the minority who would rather call names than have an adult conversation will get their way by throwing a temper tantrum.
      This thread is a fine example of why this forum has changed from a very active forum to a forum of very light activity. I'm not so sure you realize which members are acting like adults on this thread. Personally, I hope this thread is shut down. Not much productive chatter over the past several days, mostly bickering.
      Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.
        It means exactly what I think it means, thanks for your concern over my understanding of your behavior.
        “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug in Alaska View Post
          I'm not so sure you realize which members are acting like adults on this thread.
          It's not the ones calling the others idiots. Not to hard to figure. Adults use their words to have conversations, children insult each other when they do not have the words to intelligently discuss their thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
            Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
            The first case of covid recorded and reported in Alaska was from an international cargo airline pilot, why was it recorded and reported as an Alaskan covid case?
            The patient was reported and recorded as being a foreign national being treated in Anchorage, which is true. https://gov.alaska.gov/newsroom/2020...onal-resident/ Why is that a problem for you?
            The foreign national that was the first case recorded and reported in Alaska isn't a problem to me by any means, but thank you for your concern.
            You do know you're typing this stuff on the internet for the whole world to see, right?
            ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
            I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
            The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

You do know you're typing this stuff on the internet for the whole world to see, right?

You do realize who the actual idiot is in this ridiculous test of who can continuously post the most inane arguments over the stupidest chit.....?

Is it possible for you to read, review and reflect on what you actually put on this thread..............? I was starting to think maybe, just maybe... you had some sense about you... turns out I was so incredibly wrong, give it break, go kick the dog, drain the condensation out of your gas cans, read the dictionary....... fuk, go say a prayer, I dont care, just go do something else for a good long while.......
              “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

• Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
                You do realize who the actual idiot is in this ridiculous test of who can continuously post the most inane arguments over the stupidest chit.....?
                I realize that some people like to post inane arguments about stupid chit, and don't like it when they get verifiable, factual push back. Yes, gramps, I realize.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

• Originally posted by Akgramps View Post

Is it possible for you to read, review and reflect on what you actually put on this thread..............? I was starting to think maybe, just maybe... you had some sense about you... turns out I was so incredibly wrong, give it break, go kick the dog, drain the condensation out of your gas cans, read the dictionary....... fuk, go say a prayer, I dont care, just go do something else for a good long while.......

Gramps,

It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect, those affected do not realize it and they never will...I know because I am affected by it myself...hahaha!!!

Comment

I realize that some people like to post inane arguments about stupid chit, and don't like it when they get verifiable, factual push back. Yes, gramps, I realize.
                    No doubt you realize that my good man, no doubt!

Comment

It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect, those affected do not realize it and they never will...I know because I am affected by it myself!
                      I applaud you, Sir, for perfecting the art of ironic self-deprecating humor! Well done! :topjob:

Comment

I applaud you, Sir, for perfecting the art of ironic self-deprecating humor! Well done! :topjob:

Haha, thank you sir. In times like these we all need a good laugh, thanks for playing your part in bringing some laughs to this world when we need it most. Hahaha!

Comment

• I been played.. SMH...
                          “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

• Originally posted by cod View Post
                            Got ya. But didn’t u express a desire for her to be tested? My question was as to why u thought she should be tested. When sick, don’t u just take care of yourself the best u can and if U eventually need special help, u reach out for it? What’s the diff if it’s covid or whatever? Isn’t it as simple as getting help when u need it?
                            When my buddies wife got tested they did not want her entering the hospital.
                            They did the drive up test where one person wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment can comes out to your vehicle to test you. That way if you do have it you do not risk contaminating parts of the entire hospital and other hospital staff.
                            So if this person in Sterling was tested and showed to be positive several positive things would occur.
                            One would be that the hospital could set up remote monitoring or at least daily FaceTime checks and could advise in proper care using the latest info the hospital has on this virus.
                            Another is if the patient needed ambulance and/or hospital service appropriate precautions could be taken knowing they are a Covid19 case rather than just Pneumonia, a bad flu case or ???.
                            This would prevent unnecessary contacts or contamination.
                            Also if they were a positive case and did or did not die we would have more accurate information.
                            I could go on but that's enough for now.
                            Lots of positive reasons for those suspect cases to get tested!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
                            "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

• At the risk of being called more names, but in an effort to share factual information, as it turns out the CDC doesn't record deaths based upon what state or jurisdiction a person resides or resided in, but they record the death based upon what state or jurisdiction the person died in.
                              From the CDC website.

Comparing data in this report to other sources
                              Provisional death counts in this report will not match counts in other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Death data, once received and processed by National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), are tabulated by the state or jurisdiction in which the death occurred. Death counts are not tabulated by the decedent’s state of residence. COVID-19 deaths may also be classified or defined differently in various reporting and surveillance systems. Death counts in this report include laboratory confirmed COVID-19 deaths and clinically confirmed COVID-19 deaths. This includes deaths where COVID-19 is listed as a “presumed” or “probable” cause. Some local and state health departments only report laboratory-confirmed COVID deaths. This may partly account for differences between NCHS reported death counts and death counts reported in other sources.

Comparing deaths from different states
                              Death counts should not be compared across states. Data timeliness varies by state. Some states report deaths on a daily basis, while other states report deaths weekly or monthly. Furthermore, health departments and state vital record offices may be affected by COVID-19 related response activities, which could further delay death certificate reporting. Currently, 63% of U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is variation within states. Twenty states report over 75% of deaths within the first 10 days, while three states report fewer than 1% of deaths within 10 days.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm

Comment

• It's hard times, we need to be more positive

Guys,

We're all feeling a bit out of sorts with the shelter-in-place order and economic anxiety (I will lose my job next month for a spell), staying at home with wife and kiddos...it's just too easy right now to get in pissing matches and arguments on the internet that help NOTHING.

I'd rather see on here something uplifting, something positive...we are supposed to talk about hunting but hey, like I told my wife, great time for some home projects and improvements, I put in a new redundant water system cuz our well is very slow and pressure is low, have a new greer plastic tank in basement that fills up from the well, a new separate pressure tank and pump, a bob valve in tank so it stops pumping when full, was a fun plumbing project, learned a lot, we now have much higher pressure and the cold water is not near as cold as coming right out of the well. I had all the parts before the virus scare so didn't have to go shopping.

Lots of snow so been having to snowblow the driveway. My wife has a telemedicine appointment today on Zoom, never done that before; we really did not want to go into clinic for her appointment scheduled 3 months ago.

Board of Game proposals due soon, they extended the proposal deadline to May 15 for next years statewide and Region IV meetings. Our Advisory Committee has had to meet telephonically...we meet again on Wed. night, will see how it goes. Definitely not the same as being there in person. If anyone has any BOG proposal ideas they want advice on, feel free to get in touch.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better, we gotta maintain healthy attitudes. Just like the m-ovi disease that affects sheep, it mostly effects those under some kind of stressors already on them. Many of us are stressed out and it doesn't help. Would like to see some positive discussion on here.

Mark Richards
                                www.residenthuntersofalaska.org

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X