This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
    Your absolutely right, it has nothing to do with hunting... Forum threads and conversations (206 posts) have a way of diverging.... who made you the school marm anyway....?
    I'm merely assistant to the school marm. You're thinking of Iofthetaiga.
    Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian M View Post
      I'd hate to see you leave, but I've been asked by the owner of the site to help enforce the rules and we long ago decided that politics was an area that we wanted to avoid. There have been many, many discussions in the past explaining the reasons why we came to this decision. I don't go to a taco stand to get my tires changed and I don't get angry when a hardware store won't sell me ski boots. We specialize in one thing - the discussion of the Alaskan outdoors. Of course conversations sometimes drift into other areas and we recognize that with some degree of flexibility. But when a discussion becomes primarily political, we're done.

I'm making a friendly request. Please take the politics elsewhere.
      i hear you and thanks for taking the time.... I like this place but find it hard to stay engaged when the topic wavers and get shut down.... if its derogatory... I get it... otherwise, let the fur fly.....
      “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

Folks, we need to move away from politics in this thread. I realize that I have engaged as well by asking a followup question, but at this point we're not talking about the current virus outbreak and have instead moved firmly into areas that are outside the focus of this site.
        I'd like to provide a venue to discuss the current situation as it pertains to Alaska, but I'd ask that we do so without getting too into the weeds regarding politics.
        I understand, Brian.
        None of this affects Alaska.
        Gramps.... race u over to the Martial Law thread! Let’s see... what forum was that..... oh yeah, Alaska’s is bush flying, I think!

Comment

• Originally posted by highestview View Post
          Explain to me what this thread has anything to do with 'Alaska hunting' and I'll stop trying to get it locked.
          I you knew what comes after this current world sickness problem. You could see the answer.
          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

• Originally posted by cod View Post
            I understand, Brian.
            None of this affects Alaska.
            Gramps.... race u over to the Martial Law thread! Let’s see... what forum was that..... oh yeah, Alaska’s is bush flying, I think!
            HAHA been there, done that... i can only focus on one aberrant thread a time..... !
            “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

• Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
              I you knew what comes after this current world sickness problem. You could see the answer.
              Less of those filthy non-resident hunters coming up. Right on!

Comment

Folks, we need to move away from politics in this thread. I realize that I have engaged as well by asking a followup question, but at this point we're not talking about the current virus outbreak and have instead moved firmly into areas that are outside the focus of this site.

I'd like to provide a venue to discuss the current situation as it pertains to Alaska, but I'd ask that we do so without getting too into the weeds regarding politics.

Brian is a most DECENT guy. He is trying to do what his role as Forum Administrator requires. Even if he is an NEA member (he probably had no choice!)....sarcasm intended.... I do disagree with the idea the CDC is omniscient and TRUTHFUL. Remember, the public was fed the horse chit we should not be wearing masks because the masks do not offer protection and possibly make things worse for the wearer. We were told masks should be worn by sick people to prevent them from spreading the virus....BS!

Most people with a kumquat of intelligence wondered why the "healthy" care providers all wore masks when dealing with "sick" patients if in fact, the masks do not protect people from the sick. The CDC LIED! They wanted the masks to be available to the care providers. Period. The rest of us were just "collateral" damage, a trade-off to the potential shortage of masks.

Since the CDC LIED....(from THEIR perspsective for a good reason).....I take anything they say with skepticism.....

Comment

• CHEZ,
                  This is for you

https://youtu.be/4J0d59dd-qM

Because I care and no sarcasm intended....

Comment

• Three things keep coming back if you feed them.
                    Birds to a bird feeder
                    Deer to a Deer feeder
                    Trolls to a forum thread!! No real world numbers or facts will help, Don't feed the trolls is always good advice.
                    DENNY

Comment

oh my god it's true!!!! Brian's one of the globalist elite shutting down discourse that's getting too close to the trooth. Everybody screen shot this thread before he memory holes it and its lost forever!!! Sic semper titanic!!!
                      "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to highestview again."

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Less of those filthy non-resident hunters coming up. Right on!
                        No......more horrific. Sadly.
                        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I'm merely assistant to the school marm. You're thinking of Iofthetaiga.
                          Dude. SMH.
                          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

• Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                            Dude. SMH.
                            There, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I was waiting for you to come back and chime in on this S-hole thread.

Comment

There, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I was waiting for you to come back and chime in on this S-hole thread.
                              You had it coming .... and tell us why you keep looking at and responding to this "S-hole" thread....?

Comment

• Very interesting what Sweden has chosen to do. We'll have to see how that turns out for them.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X