X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    They make my parents drive from Kasilof into Kenai.<br/>And they are only open 8:30am-10:00am weekdays.<br/>My parents live on a mile of private drive that passes through their neighbors homestead properties.<br/>The road used to be bad but my dad has fixed it over the years. Ditched the muddy spots, put a scarifying blade on their grader and do the hiil so the ice on the hills isn't a problem like it used to be stuff like that.<br/>Before my dad retired they used to drop it off where he worked and the company expediter accepted his packages.<br/>But that annoyed my dad as they should deliver to his house and the expediter was on company time.<br/>Once after a serious complaint the UPS boss personally delivered it.<br/>Still this gal has a job even though she won't deliver to all her customers.<br/>Fedex guy doesn't have a problem though.<br/>So we avoid UPS like it's Covid.lol<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
    I know a little old lady out in Nikiski and she said that UPS just decided one day to not deliver to her home as well. She has a paved driveway, is flat, and always plowed. Makes her drive to the PO to pick up her packages. That should be against the law. I agree, UPS is the worst!

Leave a comment:

• kasilofchrisn
    replied
    Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    <br/>Ours go to a shipping company (They might have one of their drivers deliver some times.) and they post your name on Facebook or it goes to the post office. <br/><br/><br/><br/>
    They make my parents drive from Kasilof into Kenai.<br/>And they are only open 8:30am-10:00am weekdays.<br/>My parents live on a mile of private drive that passes through their neighbors homestead properties.<br/>The road used to be bad but my dad has fixed it over the years. Ditched the muddy spots, put a scarifying blade on their grader and do the hiil so the ice on the hills isn't a problem like it used to be stuff like that.<br/>Before my dad retired they used to drop it off where he worked and the company expediter accepted his packages.<br/>But that annoyed my dad as they should deliver to his house and the expediter was on company time.<br/>Once after a serious complaint the UPS boss personally delivered it.<br/>Still this gal has a job even though she won't deliver to all her customers.<br/>Fedex guy doesn't have a problem though.<br/>So we avoid UPS like it's Covid.lol<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Leave a comment:

• Daveinthebush
    replied
    Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    UPS is the worst for me.<br/>
    Ours go to a shipping company (They might have one of their drivers deliver some times.) and they post your name on Facebook or it goes to the post office.

Leave a comment:

• kasilofchrisn
    replied
    Originally posted by blainet View Post
    I’ve had a package with “label created” sitting for over a week when i know its been picked up already. USPS is having a hard time. Ive mostly switched to UPS for my shipping needs here lately.
    UPS is the worst for me.<br/>They have a driver who refuses to deliver to my parents house in Kasilof.<br/>I told them last time I had to go to Kenai to get a package that was sent there that they should fire the gal but they don't care.<br/>She's afraid of their road. Even in the middle of summer when it's not icy or muddy!<br/>What a joke!<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Leave a comment:

• kaybur
    replied
    Yes, I noticed that the delivery time for parcels has increased significantly. In the summer and early autumn, in my opinion, it was faster. And now it's kind of long. Maybe this is due to Christmas and the New Year?

Leave a comment:

• blainet
    replied
    I’ve had a package with “label created” sitting for over a week when i know its been picked up already. USPS is having a hard time. Ive mostly switched to UPS for my shipping needs here lately.

Leave a comment:

• kasilofchrisn
    replied
    It's been a mix for me.<br/>Some things on time and some delayed or very delayed.<br/>I do know some vendors have posted that it's taking longer to fill the orders which can cause added delay.<br/>I had some small snowmachine parts that the usps said were delivered to my box that certainly were not. I had ordered while on the slope at work.<br/>Ended up finding my local dealer had the part.<br/>Then a few days later the part I ordered was in my po box.<br/>I'm guessing the usps misdelivered them and they got turned in and put in my correct box the second time around.<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Leave a comment:

• Cheeser
    replied
    USPS has been the same-old same-old great service for us, both with their shipments and Amazon's that are turned over to USPS for final delivery. UPS and FedEx seem a little slower but not enough to be a concern.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeRoss
    replied
    I recently ordered some tires and wheels for my garden cart from Amazon. They showed up faster than I expected. But I have other things on order that are being shipped usps that seem to have been lost.

Leave a comment:

• Doug in Alaska
    replied
    All shipping options have become terribly slow. USPS is probably the worst.

Leave a comment:

• TR
    replied
    I've been buying wheeler parts consistently over the last several months off ebay. Transit via USPS has been normal. About a week from the states to Eagle River. However, my wife has been complaining about how long Amazon orders take to ship in.

Leave a comment:

• gbflyer
    replied
    Iíve ordered quite a few tools from various eBay sellers lately with normal delivery times via US Postal. Stuff from Amazon not shipped from a reseller is brutally slow. My suspicion is that itís only a matter of time before Amazon is delivering directly everywhere like they do in cities, bypassing the mail, UPS and FedEx. In Seattle often times an order placed in the morning shows up via the Amazon truck that afternoon. That is of course if they can get past the protesters.

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    started a topic Shipping times

Shipping times

Wondering if many of you are finding that it's taking an extremely long time now to get packages delivered after ordering? Some to the point that it's like they're lost. When you look at tracking, it just continually says "in transit." The same for many of you?

Also, been waiting to get eyeglasses for a month now when it usually takes two weeks or less. Wife has been waiting for contacts for almost two months now.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X