Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping times

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shipping times

    Wondering if many of you are finding that it's taking an extremely long time now to get packages delivered after ordering? Some to the point that it's like they're lost. When you look at tracking, it just continually says "in transit." The same for many of you?

    Also, been waiting to get eyeglasses for a month now when it usually takes two weeks or less. Wife has been waiting for contacts for almost two months now.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  • #2
    Iíve ordered quite a few tools from various eBay sellers lately with normal delivery times via US Postal. Stuff from Amazon not shipped from a reseller is brutally slow. My suspicion is that itís only a matter of time before Amazon is delivering directly everywhere like they do in cities, bypassing the mail, UPS and FedEx. In Seattle often times an order placed in the morning shows up via the Amazon truck that afternoon. That is of course if they can get past the protesters.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been buying wheeler parts consistently over the last several months off ebay. Transit via USPS has been normal. About a week from the states to Eagle River. However, my wife has been complaining about how long Amazon orders take to ship in.
      -Tim

      Comment


      • #4
        All shipping options have become terribly slow. USPS is probably the worst.
        Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

        Comment


        • #5
          I recently ordered some tires and wheels for my garden cart from Amazon. They showed up faster than I expected. But I have other things on order that are being shipped usps that seem to have been lost.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

          Comment


          • #6
            USPS has been the same-old same-old great service for us, both with their shipments and Amazon's that are turned over to USPS for final delivery. UPS and FedEx seem a little slower but not enough to be a concern.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's been a mix for me.<br/>Some things on time and some delayed or very delayed.<br/>I do know some vendors have posted that it's taking longer to fill the orders which can cause added delay.<br/>I had some small snowmachine parts that the usps said were delivered to my box that certainly were not. I had ordered while on the slope at work.<br/>Ended up finding my local dealer had the part.<br/>Then a few days later the part I ordered was in my po box.<br/>I'm guessing the usps misdelivered them and they got turned in and put in my correct box the second time around.<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
              "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

              "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

              Comment


              • #8
                I’ve had a package with “label created” sitting for over a week when i know its been picked up already. USPS is having a hard time. Ive mostly switched to UPS for my shipping needs here lately.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes, I noticed that the delivery time for parcels has increased significantly. In the summer and early autumn, in my opinion, it was faster. And now it's kind of long. Maybe this is due to Christmas and the New Year?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by blainet View Post
                    I’ve had a package with “label created” sitting for over a week when i know its been picked up already. USPS is having a hard time. Ive mostly switched to UPS for my shipping needs here lately.
                    UPS is the worst for me.<br/>They have a driver who refuses to deliver to my parents house in Kasilof.<br/>I told them last time I had to go to Kenai to get a package that was sent there that they should fire the gal but they don't care.<br/>She's afraid of their road. Even in the middle of summer when it's not icy or muddy!<br/>What a joke!<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

                    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                      UPS is the worst for me.<br/>
                      Ours go to a shipping company (They might have one of their drivers deliver some times.) and they post your name on Facebook or it goes to the post office.




                      Patriot Life Member NRA
                      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                      Life Member Disabled American Veterans


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
                        <br/>Ours go to a shipping company (They might have one of their drivers deliver some times.) and they post your name on Facebook or it goes to the post office. <br/><br/><br/><br/>
                        They make my parents drive from Kasilof into Kenai.<br/>And they are only open 8:30am-10:00am weekdays.<br/>My parents live on a mile of private drive that passes through their neighbors homestead properties.<br/>The road used to be bad but my dad has fixed it over the years. Ditched the muddy spots, put a scarifying blade on their grader and do the hiil so the ice on the hills isn't a problem like it used to be stuff like that.<br/>Before my dad retired they used to drop it off where he worked and the company expediter accepted his packages.<br/>But that annoyed my dad as they should deliver to his house and the expediter was on company time.<br/>Once after a serious complaint the UPS boss personally delivered it.<br/>Still this gal has a job even though she won't deliver to all her customers.<br/>Fedex guy doesn't have a problem though.<br/>So we avoid UPS like it's Covid.lol<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

                        "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                          They make my parents drive from Kasilof into Kenai.<br/>And they are only open 8:30am-10:00am weekdays.<br/>My parents live on a mile of private drive that passes through their neighbors homestead properties.<br/>The road used to be bad but my dad has fixed it over the years. Ditched the muddy spots, put a scarifying blade on their grader and do the hiil so the ice on the hills isn't a problem like it used to be stuff like that.<br/>Before my dad retired they used to drop it off where he worked and the company expediter accepted his packages.<br/>But that annoyed my dad as they should deliver to his house and the expediter was on company time.<br/>Once after a serious complaint the UPS boss personally delivered it.<br/>Still this gal has a job even though she won't deliver to all her customers.<br/>Fedex guy doesn't have a problem though.<br/>So we avoid UPS like it's Covid.lol<br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                          I know a little old lady out in Nikiski and she said that UPS just decided one day to not deliver to her home as well. She has a paved driveway, is flat, and always plowed. Makes her drive to the PO to pick up her packages. That should be against the law. I agree, UPS is the worst!
                          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

                          Comment

                          Footer Adsense

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X