The loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The loop

Looking to do the loop from Wasilla Fairbanks Delta, Glenn Allen Wasilla and truck camp over 2-3 days and/or Homer Valdez. Pullouts are ok would prefer not on main road stealthy spots. Please DM me if you are willing to share a spot or two. We are not above Moochdocking and are willing to talk about time swapping. Thanks! Flat spot big enough to fit a 1 ton Pickup and slide in camper. Self contained.

We have made this trip many times. What is nice is that there are lots of places to stop for the night. It is just a matter of how tired one may be and where you are at that time. To me there are more good spots on the Richardson then on the Parks.
    Good luck and safe driving!

Comment

The Knob lakes area near Gunsight Mountain on the Glenn Highway is a great spot to pull off on. Their is an access road to an cell tower that has many good places to camp.

The area around Paxson lake has some good state run campgrounds. There is an access road near the Richardson monument by Summit lake that has lots of great spots, and this general area has other great places to pull off.

Blueberry Lake State Park at Thompson Pass is a hidden gem and is one of the few true campgrounds that you have to pay that I will frequent.

Along the parks, if you drive down the Denali Highway for a half hour you will find a few good spots. If you look around the Healy area you can find a few good spots.

Comment

Don't forget to peruse your Milepost! It'll have details of all the pull offs and camp spots.

Comment

bellsalaska.com is a great resource if you don't already have it.
          Doug

aaatrout.com

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X